2003 srd 30: cut 917-280 330 deflector? exhuast chute? available?

yupyup

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 2003 srd 30: cut 917-280 330 deflector? exhuast chute? available?
greetings and salutations to all. Customer wants to eliminate the original factory discharge system on this mower and simply put an side exhaust, or deflector on it. I find it impossible to actually buy this accessory. Am I wrong? they sent 2 different attachements.. both wrong and forget trying to call into sear customer service. they pass the buck. if its oem they dont know jack. frustrated beyond belief. the rear discharge mower doesnt seem capable of having aside chute.
anyone have an idea here? anyone actually find a part that fits this machine? YOu guys are my last hope. Thanks in advance. yupyup

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / 2003 srd 30: cut 917-280 330 deflector? exhuast chute? available?
The easiest thing to do is get an old rear catcher.
Cut a square hole in the left side as close to the front at you can then put a deflector plate on the inside from the front on the right side to the rear of the left side
The grass will now discharge out of the left side.
It is very difficult to get a deck that was designed with air flow to support rear discharge to discharge to the right but you can deflect the rear discharge to the left .
At one time down here a left side discharge chute was an optional accesory item on just about all of the locally made walk behinds and these just clipped into the position that the catcher would occupy .
I have seen cleaver things done with a lump of old car tyres to do the same thing.