2000 yardmachine model# 13ak608go62

basstracker

Threads
Hello everone, need some help. I got this mower from a frend. He could'nt keep the drive belt on. He took the mower all apart and found the verable speed pulley was wore out, and the hole where the pulley fastened was wallowed out. I drilled the hole bigger and put a bushing in it. I found a good used verable speed pulley that was in great shape.Everthing fit good so I put two new mtd drive belts on it. The problem is it only goes slow, It won't speed up when I press the foot padel.

NorthBama

Threads
Did the center section of the pulley move up and down freely?

NorthBama

Threads
Pressing the pedal should move the drive belt deeper into the v on the pulley. Also check the small belt from variable to transmission

basstracker

Threads
Pressing the pedal should move the drive belt deeper into the v on the pulley. Also check the small belt from variable to transmission

thats the problum the small belt has to back out of the pulley as the long belt goes deeper and for some reason the long or drive belt won't. The small belt has a spring loaded idler pulley holding it tight in the verable speed pulley.

NorthBama

Threads
Is the drive belt correct one and routed correctly. The tension bracket on transmission belt must also move to let the belt move out on the top section of the variable pulley.

basstracker

Threads
Is the drive belt correct one and routed correctly. The tension bracket on transmission belt must also move to let the belt move out on the top section of the variable pulley.

The numbers are right on the belts. Ive ajusted the drive belt untill it was so tight it was pulling all the time and it still won't push the top belt out. I don't know what else to try.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just curious... How are you "adjusting" anything?

basstracker

Threads
Just curious... How are you "adjusting" anything?

Theres an ajustment that moves the two idler pulleys on the drive belt and makes the belt a little tighter or looser. the manuel says it should move 1 an 3/8 inch with 10 lb of pressure.