2 Stroke Engine Pause

iMowNMore

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just bought my first 2 stroke echo trimmer. I have used it quite a bit and now, when I try to start it or when it starts sometimes, it sputters and either shuts down or makes me work the throttle until I achieve proper rpm.

iMowNMore

Forum Newbie
Threads
Any thoughts related to this are appreciated

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Now it will depend upon how new this model is.
There are 3 adjustments on diaphram carbs.
High speed fuel needle
Low speed fuel needle
Idle throttle opening.
If yours runs fine at full speed but just has trouble getting there then 99% chance the low speed jet is clogged.
Take a couple of photos of the carb & post them so we can work out what carb you have on there to give ou proper instructions.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I just bought my first 2 stroke echo trimmer. I have used it quite a bit and now, when I try to start it or when it starts sometimes, it sputters and either shuts down or makes me work the throttle until I achieve proper rpm.

How old is the unit? I would try replacing the air filter and gas filter and maybe the primer bulb first and maybe check and clean the spark arrestor before working the carb.

iMowNMore

Forum Newbie
Threads
Now it will depend upon how new this model is. There are 3 adjustments on diaphram carbs. High speed fuel needle Low speed fuel needle Idle throttle opening. If yours runs fine at full speed but just has trouble getting there then 99% chance the low speed jet is clogged. Take a couple of photos of the carb & post them so we can work out what carb you have on there to give ou proper instructions.
The unit is 4 months old but is used extensively throughout the work week. Thanks for the feedback!

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
The unit is 4 months old but is used extensively throughout the work week. Thanks for the feedback!

If the unit is only four months old I'd just buy a tune up kit from the dealer. It should have air and gas filter, spark plug, fuel lines etc and will cost you around $15 other than that I would mess with the carb, if it doesn't run after the tune up kit I'd take the thing back where you purchased it and let them fix it under the warranty.

d_sharier

Threads
If the unit was purchased brand new, and it is only 4 months old, then it is still under warranty. If any "repair" attempts are made the dealer can use that as an excuse to void the warranty. If it were mine, I would do nothing other than take it back to the dealer that sold it to me. I would give them the opportunity to inspect it and offer there advice first.