14-8-toro wh

basstracker

Threads
can't get gauge wheels to move up or down. does the rod the wheels are mounted to move to the left so you can ajust the height of the mower? do the gauge wheels stay on the ground always?

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Are you talking about a Wheel Horse 314-8. I don't under stand what you are saying about the rod going right or left? The lever that goes to the rod goes forward and backwards. As you operate the lever it will twist the rod which raises and lowers the gage wheels which will give you your cutting height. The gage wheels are only on the ground when you lower the deck to mow the grass.

basstracker

Threads
Re:3 14-8-toro wh

the ajustment lever won't move over to let the pin out of the ajustment hole.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: 3 14-8-toro wh

the ajustment lever won't move over to let the pin out of the ajustment hole.

The lever fits in a bracket which is spring loaded on the pin. If the lever doesn't move I could think the bracket could be full of dirt or it is so rusted that the lever doesn't move on the pin anymore? Yes the lever moves to the left. Maybe you could soak it with a penetrating oil it will free up for you.

basstracker

Threads

The lever fits in a bracket which is spring loaded on the pin. If the lever doesn't move I could think the bracket could be full of dirt or it is so rusted that the lever doesn't move on the pin anymore? Yes the lever moves to the left. Maybe you could soak it with a penetrating oil it will free up for you.

someone has weled a piece key stock to the bar that slides to the left to let the pin out. it's welded right against the bracket that holds it to the mowing deck. why would someone do that? was it bad to slide out when you were mowing?

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads

someone has weled a piece key stock to the bar that slides to the left to let the pin out. it's welded right against the bracket that holds it to the mowing deck. why would someone do that? was it bad to slide out when you were mowing?

I can't understand why. I still have many of the old wheel horses come into my shop and through the years I never came across that complaint. Is the spring weak or broken? It is a fairly hefty spring. If someone never changed the mower height it could be a farmer fix. I find a lot of the old farmers like to fix things with a welder.

basstracker

Threads

I can't understand why. I still have many of the old wheel horses come into my shop and through the years I never came across that complaint. Is the spring weak or broken? It is a fairly hefty spring. If someone never changed the mower height it could be a farmer fix. I find a lot of the old farmers like to fix things with a welder.

I was told the mower was a one owner, it looks and runs like new, it has 320 hours. he traded it in at jasper al on a tractor. I think I can take it off and grind the metel off. or if you didn't have to change the height much you could loosen the bracket that holds it to the mowing deck enought to let it slide out.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
That old Wheel horse with 320 Hr. is just getting broken in. That is when they made Garden Tractors to last. You should be able to still buy parts for it from a Toro dealer.

basstracker

Threads
That old Wheel horse with 320 Hr. is just getting broken in. That is when they made Garden Tractors to last. You should be able to still buy parts for it from a Toro dealer.

figured out why deck won't ajust, someone welded the pin so it won't move. I looked and that part isn't avalable.