14.5HP Briggs...sounds like starter but it isn't

Tinkerer200

Threads
I adjusted them to spec after compression and at top but no change.
Here's an icloud link to a video of the valves moving. I got through 2 cycles and at the end I go back and forth. Does anyone see anything weird or missing? Like the "bump"
Valve Movement Link Here

I am not able to access that link but if you don't see or feel that additional movement then the compression release is bad, quite common with this series engine.
Walt Conner

Smokeeater

Threads
The lower rocker arm is really loose when closed and intake is moving. When I'm after compression stroke both aren't too bad and seem adjusted (see video)
I've seen where some people have found TDC on compression stroke and moved 1/4" in and others who have set the feeler guages to when say intake is all the way in and they set exhaust clearance. If I did it that way it is way off now
Video 2

Smokeeater

Threads
I am not able to access that link but if you don't see or feel that additional movement then the compression release is bad, quite common with this series engine.
Walt Conner
Any videos of this "bump"? I'm trying to fond one on youtube to see what it is I'm missing

Smokeeater

Threads
Ok I think I saw the bump on the lower valve, don't see it on mine. I adjusted the valves by fully closing one and adjusting other method and it didn't change.
Here's a video of a noise I'm hearing inside when I believe I'm supposed to see the bump
Bump Noise here

Smokeeater

Threads
SOLVED

So I decided to drain the oil to see if anything came out...I put my telescoping magnet pen inside and cam out with these pieces that look like the compression pieces on cam and when you look inside the tube this piece was too big to come out

Anyone replaced a cam in one of these? (No oil filter)

Attachments

• IMG_9348.JPG
    IMG_9348.JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9347.JPG
    IMG_9347.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 4

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Changing the cam is no different without the oil filter than with one. Just without the oil filter you may not have to deal with the oil pump and driver even though they may use the same camshaft. Or some engines were set up with the pump but have a recirculating cap instead of the normal oil filter.