14.5HP Briggs...sounds like starter but it isn't

Smokeeater

Threads
I have a 14.5hp briggs (31R607-0011-G1) and it wants to start to turn over but it isn't completely. Well it did run a couple times but stalls or not at all now. The flywheel starts to turn but stops
-I thought starter but had it off and tested it and it's working fine.
-I isolated everything from battery (new) to starter and they're all working good
- I noticed when I try to turn the flywheel by hand it's a little hard at one point...so I took off the valve cover and made sure the valves were in adjustment right. I adjusted them to 0.004 intake and 0.006 exhaust, put it back together and nothing has changed.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Does the engine crank normally if you remove the spark plug. Also with the valve cover and spark plug removed rotate the engine by hand while watching the valves. the bottom valve should bump off seat shortly BTDC and then close which would indicate that the compression release is working. No bump would indicate that the release mechanism is broke and most likely laying in the sump of the engine.

Smokeeater

Threads
What's bump off seat BTDC?

Smokeeater

Threads
So after checking theses things...
-I removed spark plug and it cranks over no problem
-With cover off this is the sequence I see... Top intake valve opens and closes, as its closing the bottom exhaust moves, then there's a delay until that top valve starts to move again. In that delay time is where I find TDC and anywhere around that point of TDC no valve moves what so ever. Only valve movement is the intake, then right after the exhaust, delay (while turning by hand still) then the sequence starts again

Smokeeater

Threads
Actually now that I look at what I did, I don't think I was on compression stroke when I found TDC.
I was just after Exhaust when it was up high showing through the spark plug hole...shoot maybe that's why
Intake/Compression/Power/Exhaust...I'll look for TDC after the Compression one and let you know

Smokeeater

Threads
I adjusted them to spec after compression and at top but no change.
Here's an icloud link to a video of the valves moving. I got through 2 cycles and at the end I go back and forth. Does anyone see anything weird or missing? Like the "bump"
Valve Movement Link Here

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't see the compression release bump, but it also looks like there may be too much clearance in the valves. May just be an illusion but just seems loose especially the intake/bottom valve