13AM775S058 Loose new belt

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes. I've gotten one wrong belt from Stens before. But it's never been one of these. I did notice when I compared the old belt with the new, that the old belt was a tiny bit shorter. But the V part was thinner. I figured the width of the new belt would take up the slack.
Guess not.

I've using a tailors tape to measure belts because I can't find a belt measuring gauge that goes farther than 100".

P.S. I just found another belt that I was going to use on another customers mower deck. I measured it against the old belt. And this one seems a tiny big shorter. Gonna remove the new belt and compare it to this one. It has a Stens part number on it. So if the new one is longer, than Stens owes me a belt.
They didn't give me a lick of trouble out of the one replacement I had. But if this happens again, they might have to give me a discount on their 752-998, deck measuring gauge. (Even though it only goes up to 100" belts.)
Then you might be a little jealous as mine originally went to 110" but now goes to 200" with the three extensions on it. And really comes in handy on those 186" belts.

Now I think the extensions for mine will work on that Stens unit adding 30" per unit. Of course my measurer is a a Dayco unit.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Some how or another, I happened to have a 95 1/2" belt (265938 or AYP532144959) that snugged everything up. Even after disengaging the PTO, the belt stops. And actually stick out in front of the drive pulley just a hair.
And lucky enough, on the same deck I got the belt from was two brand new blades.

Happy new year to me. I'm using up all my good luck on the first day of 2021.