12 month contracts

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yeah I would have fired you. It's kinda like steeling ???

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

No what I do after I'm clocked out was no concern of his I never took any of his customers nor do I want to.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Do any of you do 12 month contracts where the customer pays you the same amount every month for the entire year? What all do you do on this contract and what do you furnish?

I don't do contracts, never seen any use in it. What are you going to do if the person you have under contract decides he 's not going to honor the contract? As far as I can see you have no recourse so in reality what good is it.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
No what I do after I'm clocked out was no concern of his I never took any of his customers nor do I want to.

It's just wrong on so many levels.
Your lucky I was not your boss I would have fired you as you hit the ground.

You worked for him any yard you get in that area should have gone to him.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't do contracts, never seen any use in it. What are you going to do if the person you have under contract decides he 's not going to honor the contract? As far as I can see you have no recourse so in reality what good is it.

I have one so far and am looking at another one. The idea is to do everything concerning the lawn and get paid 12 months out of the year. It is good for the customer because he has everything spread out over 12 months instead of paying a lot some months and little some. Also in that agreement I pick up paper, cut grass, trim bushes, and ever straw beds, and spray roundup on the gravel drives.....good deal for him cause he does not have to be concerned with that part of his business. Good deal for me cause I get a check every month even in winter... Here in LA we don't have to worry about snow.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have one so far and am looking at another one. The idea is to do everything concerning the lawn and get paid 12 months out of the year. It is good for the customer because he has everything spread out over 12 months instead of paying a lot some months and little some. Also in that agreement I pick up paper, cut grass, trim bushes, and ever straw beds, and spray roundup on the gravel drives.....good deal for him cause he does not have to be concerned with that part of his business. Good deal for me cause I get a check every month even in winter... Here in LA we don't have to worry about snow.

Ok, but my question is what if like three months into the contract the guys decides he's not paying anymore, what recourse do you have. I can see a contract if you have a commercial account worth a lot of money but a residential that's less than 3K a year I can't see the worth. Don't get me wrong if you want to do contracts that's fine but if should cost you more to enforce it than what it's worth I guess I just don't see the sense in doing it, I guess that's my point.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ok, but my question is what if like three months into the contract the guys decides he's not paying anymore, what recourse do you have. I can see a contract if you have a commercial account worth a lot of money but a residential that's less than 3K a year I can't see the worth. Don't get me wrong if you want to do contracts that's fine but if should cost you more to enforce it than what it's worth I guess I just don't see the sense in doing it, I guess that's my point.

Its just another option for the customer yes it has risks but what doesn't? The point is the checks in the winter. I make work orders for everything in the contract that the customer signs when I do the work and come november he decides to stop paying me I either take him to small claims court. Or sell his debt to collections both of which I have done and will continue to do. Protect your self with proof of work nothing should be verbal....