ZTX 42 seat mod

rsu11

Forum Newbie
Threads
First post, so here goes. I have a 2019 ZTX 42 that mows my lawn like a champ, but I've noticed a problem with the seat. I have long legs and like to have the seat back as far as it will go. I can get close, but nearly all the way back presses the seat back against the engine housing (Kohler 7000). This transmits engine vibration directly into the seat and has scarred the plastic frame. I've attached a pic showing the area in question. Can't move the engine and don't want to mess with the housing, so the solution seems to be cutting back the raised ridges in the plastic seat back. The molded ridges are obviously there for rigidity, so I'm hesitant to weaken them by cutting. I've already shaved them a little bit, not enough to affect strength, but the seat still contacts the engine housing.

Anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions are welcome!

Attachments

• Gravely3.jpg
    Gravely3.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 21

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Get a block of wood and raise the seat .
That will of course move your bum further away so give you more leg room & as the back is sloped stop the seat hitting the blower housing.
OR extend the foot board further forward .

rsu11

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, I hadn't thought about going vertical. I'll take a look at the angles and see if that will work.