ZTR2 60inch 24hp issue with motor cutting out

hfm

Forum Newbie
Threads
So the other night i was mowing and tried to bend down and pick something up , seat weight shifted and mower tried to kill the mower engine, i sat back down quickly and mower backfired. Mower never actually quit running. however the mower now revs up and down on its own. pulled spark plugs, checking foul and gap... they looked okay. any suggestions would be most helpful.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
You beat me to the spark plug check. Darn it...... Didn't find anything right? I wonder why plugs are number 1 on the replace list then? Once on a very orange moon a plug fixes a mower.

Dirty carb or plugged fuel tank/system.

hfm

Forum Newbie
Threads
thank you for the input, the checks you mentioned have been confirmed. the oddity here is it happened exactly when the mower misfired when the seat switch was slightly released while i was sitting on it, due to slightly raising off the seat. i have tried to call engine oem, however due to long wait times on phone lines haven't connected yet.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Most likely the flywheel timing key has split from the backfire and the engine is now a poofteenth out of time

hfm

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for your post, i think you are right. I am going to tear it apart soon.

hfm

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks again for advice, i pulled it apart shaft and woodruff key is fine. if anyone has any suggestions i would appreciate the input. thank you.