ZTR tires

mddickson74

Threads
Has anyone upgraded the tires on their ZTR to a more aggressive tread? I know that Kubota does not sale any for them.

The turf tires that came with my Z121S works fairly well on flat dry land. With the hills I have to cut I need a more aqgressive tire.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes, you can buy them. Jot down your tire size and do a search. Some people use ATV tires. Some people use Chevron pattern tires. The Chevron pattern tires look similar to agricultural tires seen on the rear of farm tractors.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
I see them all the time. Just wonder what they do to the turf. Most people don't know how to make a zero turn anyway. They just stop the inside tire and turn with the outside tire. This just screws the inside tire right into the ground thus tearing up the turf. You have to push the outside lever and pull back on the inside lever. But at the best you can do you will still tear up the turf. A commercial cutter told me the best way was a three point turn. To do this you make a turn and make one going backward and finish your turn going forward. Works pretty good and no bald spots in the yard. Takes a little longer but sure beats the bald spots.

DK35vince

Threads
They can tear the turf a little if your not careful
But the AT 101's do so much better for traction and on hills its worth in IMO
The stock turfs sucked..

Lawn Addict
Threads
But those tires look wicked !!!

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have Grassmasters on my 48", I like them.

SamB

Threads
Has anyone upgraded the tires on their ZTR to a more aggressive tread? I know that Kubota does not sale any for them.

The turf tires that came with my Z121S works fairly well on flat dry land. With the hills I have to cut I need a more aqgressive tire.
I wonder about the Michelin tweel Turf tires. Pricey.but never have to be sure to even out the tire pressure or flats. Or dry rot in the sidewalls ,either. Worth it?

Lawn Addict
Threads
I wonder about the Michelin tweel Turf tires. Pricey.but never have to be sure to even out the tire pressure or flats. Or dry rot in the sidewalls ,either. Worth it?
I saw pics of them with breaking spokes, just out of warranty. . That was a big turn off for me.