Zt740 overhwating

Keith Epperson

Forum Newbie
Threads
Anyone experienced over heating issues?
Kohler engine runs great for about 20 minutes and then boggs down.
Had to replace oil pan because ears broke off. Also replaced cam because i broke the neoprene cam gear.
After i put engine back on it is having thia issue

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Are you sure it is overheating and not an ignition module that is failing when it gets hot, resulting in running on one cylinder. Also did you get the timing marks lined up correctly between the cam and the crankshaft. I don't think I have ever seen the mounting ears break off of the oil pan excluding impact with a solid object. And how did you break the camshaft gear.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Anyone experienced over heating issues?
Kohler engine runs great for about 20 minutes and then boggs down.
Had to replace oil pan because ears broke off. Also replaced cam because i broke the neoprene cam gear.
After i put engine back on it is having thia issue
Have you ever cleaned the cylinder cooling fins, all the way around the cylinder? It's a yearly maintenance thing in your engine manual. Ignore it and you are looking at engine damage.

slomo

Mower King

Threads
Have you ever cleaned the cylinder cooling fins, all the way around the cylinder? It's a yearly maintenance thing in your engine manual. Ignore it and you are looking at engine damage.

slomo
What he said!

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
What he said!
In early spring if you scalp the yard, good idea to clean the cooling fins after scalping. If you have a bagger you need to check and clean more often.

slomo