ZT1 46 Larger Tire Question

mikerocks

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi! I have a ZT1 46 and a 3 acre yard with a lot of steep hills, going sideways across the hills at all results in spinning tires and tearing up the lawn to muddy streaks. It's possible to go straight up the hill, then straight back down, but that makes cutting the lawn take FOREVER, and I have to work around trees / bushes and other obstacles.

Is it possible to do anything to get more traction? I asked the nearest Cub Cadet retailer if I could upgrade the wheels to the ones on the ZT1 50, but apparently they won't fit the frame.

Is there a 3rd party option avaialble? Or maybe a different tire with a better tread that someone could recommend?

It came with the Carlisle Turf Master 20X8.00-8 tires.

Thanks!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Short answer is no
You can fit a tyre with a sharper corner on the sidewalls but they will REALLY rip up the grass
Same story for ATV tyres

Some places should never have grass growing on them and your property sounds like one of them.
Think about ripping the grass out & planting a low growing ground cover.
There are thousands of alternatives to grass that do not grow tall and smell great when you walk on them.
If your climate is right then you could even plant strawberries ,, yum .

People get fixated by this grass stuff but unless there is a reason why you need to have grass there there is no necessity for grass to be grown there .
When I were a lad we lived on a 1/2 acre block that the grandparents had gardened.
When they died we levelled it off & planted lawn thinking it would reduce the yard maintenance time and that was the most stupid thing we ever did
After about 10 years of being a servants to the grass we covered the whole yard with wet newspaper then planted the yard with shrubs.
Took 3 weekends to do but that was the last time we spent all weekend working on the yard.
After that it was 3 weed sprays per year at around 3 hours a time and a load of wood chips to replenish the paths about every 4 years.
Cost less than the petrol the mower used .
Remained that way for 40 years till the parents died .