ZT ELITE PUMP BELT REPLACEMENT

Blake50

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have recently acquired a 2013 60” Bad Boy ZT Elite, the old pump belt was shredded so I had to cut it to get it off. I have already removed the tensioner spring, my problem is trying to route the new belt. All the routing decals/diagrams I can find from Bad Boy do not match my mower. Has anyone had this problem or am I just missing something?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please provide us with the model and serial numbers, we will try to find you the proper manual and/or diagram.

Blake50

Forum Newbie
Threads
Please provide us with the model and serial numbers, we will try to find you the proper manual and/or diagram.
That would be appreciated!
It’s a
Bad Boy 2012/2013 60” ZT ELITE SN# BZE6027KO04131174

every manual I check has the exact same routing decal for every Bad Boy mower ever made, and that can’t be right.

Blake50

Forum Newbie
Threads

I believe it is. My issue is that on all of these diagrams it shows the arm that the tensioner pulley is on, having the bolt attached to the side of the engine pulley, on my model the arm is attached to a bolt directly in front of the engine pulley. So it seems impossible to be able to route the belt onto the tension pulley without having to remove the entire tension pulley arm. Unless I’m just doing something simple completely wrong (which often seems to be the case with issues like this)

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Not uncommon to use that bolt as a non movable belt guide. Just loosen the one going through the pulley, route the belt and tighten the pulley.

Blake50

Forum Newbie
Threads
3C071311-1A2D-437D-A95A-7FEE4499D270.jpeg

Just for future reference in case any one else encounters this problem, this is the diagram the tech at Bad Boy sent me, and he informed me that you do have to remove the idler arm in order to get the belt to route the way it is supposed to go. This is completely different from everything I’ve read in any manual or online forum.

Ryan Ball

Forum Newbie
Threads
This diagram was very helpful. Just changed my 72" Rogue belt. First time user, and this was totally helpful!!!

Mower King

Threads
This diagram was very helpful. Just changed my 72" Rogue belt. First time user, and this was totally helpful!!!
Bad Boy mowers have a routing diagram sticker on them for the drive & deck belt....if they havn't been high pressure washed off!
High pressure washing is another "subject" though!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
View attachment 50835

Just for future reference in case any one else encounters this problem, this is the diagram the tech at Bad Boy sent me, and he informed me that you do have to remove the idler arm in order to get the belt to route the way it is supposed to go. This is completely different from everything I’ve read in any manual or online forum.
That makes sense as the motor pulls the belt and the idler just takes up the slack. And IPL for this mower does have the belt routing illustrated wrong.