Export thread

Zero-turn RZ3019 dies when release handbrake

K

kewena

Hi guys
Husqvarna Zero-turn RZ3019 dies when release handbrake or when engage drive. Any ideas? Faulty wiring, switch, short or failed electric component?

Rang Husky workshop, problem was new to them and with their current 3wks backlog I needed to sort it yesterday.

As a work-around I wedged the handbrake switch button so it stays in place when handbrake is released. That allowed me to engage drive and move backwards and forwards but mower would die when engaging the blade. I then done the same as with handbrake and made a small bracket to keep blade switch button in place so it wouldn't release. Yay, can mow me lawns again but fully aware of the safety issues now needing addressing, ala, no handbrake, mower can start while blade engaged and no automatic off-switch. I also havnt checked if mower switches off when I get off seat.

StarTech

StarTech

Most likely it is the seat switch or wiring.
1685097372797.png

B

Bertrrr

Pull the wires off the switches and use a meter to see if the circuit opens / closes when you operate the switch , it's a starting point

B

bertsmobile1

For once I can actually say it probably is the seat switch
Down side is Husqvarna got successfully sued by some idiot trying to prove Darwin was wrong so now they fit a tamper proof plug.
The plug causes a lot of problems because if the ant-tamper shorting bar in the mower side
Find it saturate it with WD 40 or contact cleaner , plug & unplug it 1/2 dozen times , blow it out from the wire ends ( if you have a compressor ) then connect it really nard and make sure it stays tight with a thin loom tie or tie wire.
let us know what happens .

StarTech

StarTech

Not tamper proof but it is more idiot proof. Cavemen usually can't bypass the shorting strip.