Zero turn recommendations for 1 acre yard

ts1520

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm looking for a zero turn mower for our relatively flat 1 acre yard. We have a lot of trees & shrubs to mow around. I've been happy with my John Deere X304 small turn mower but would like something that's a bit quicker to get the job done. Our John Deere and Toro dealers are the closest. There's also a Hustler dealer in the area. I'd like one with a grass catcher option so I can collect leaves in the fall. Of the 3 brands is there one that stands out or one that I should avoid at all costs. I'm new to the lawn mower buying business so I'm searching for pointers. Oh yeah --- the shed door is 60" wide so I'm probably limited to a 42 or 48" mower in order to get it in the shed. Thx.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It all depends upon your budget .You won't get anything for nothing and the transmissions are near 1/2 the cost in a ZTR because there are two of them .
like the EZT JD and the bottom end 335 would be more than big enough
Baggers on ZTR's make them quite cumbersome to use .
Things like Walkers or Grasshoppers would work well and having the flip up decks are a god send for maintenance.
Plenty of used commercials available that will cut your small lot for decades so long as you do the maintenance.
Shoving a big fan & chute on the right side is no where near as good as a rear discharge which keeps the mower quite narrow.

ts1520

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was looking to spend about 3500 (hopefully).

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
My recommendation is this.

42" (107 cm) TimeCutter® Zero Turn Mower (75742)​

Your local dealers may have one they want to get out of inventory at the end of the season.