Zero turn hydro

hackney502

Forum Newbie
Threads
I posted this on the simplicity forum, but didn't get any replies. Thought I'd try here.
I have a simplicity champion ZT-20H 50" mower. The left wheel does not pull as good as the right wheel, especially when turn right up a very slight grade. Seems to get worse after mower warms up. I've checked all the linkages (they seem ok), replaced the drive belt and made sure it is installed correctly, checked the fluid level ( ok), tire pressures ok, . Both wheels seem to be spinning at the same speed when jacked up. Have not changed hydro filter yet. Any suggestions? Thanks

DunDikke

Threads
First check iff the release lever for pushing the mower is in the correct position.
Does this machine have 2 hyrostatic drives? (left and right) and are they driven by the same v-belt? Iff so, check iff the left hydrostat is getting warmer then the right one. Iff there is a big difference the hydrostat on the left might be worn. how many hours does the machine have?

hackney502

Forum Newbie
Threads
The free wheel bolts are in the correct position. The mower has 2 hydro pumps driven by the same belt. I'll check the temp on both hydro pumps the next time I use it. Thanks for the info.

Rocky J

Threads
Does both side share the same oil? My Troy Bilt has 2 Hydro Gear drives driven by same belt and did same thing but would quit pulling all together on the left side until given 5 minutes to cool .I removed the drive unit and tipped it upside down on 5 gallon bucket to drain it, oil looked like a chocolate milkshake. Replaced oil with the recommended 1.8 qt 20/50 synthetic engine oil and has been fine for the last three years. Mine has no filters or way to check oil . They do get hot and condensate on the insides, yours has a filter so yes a good place to start and easy , look for a drain to change the oil in your drive unit , mine did not have one.

hackney502

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes both sides share the same oil. I'm gonna try that. Thanks for the info.