Zero Turn--full throttle?

Ragnar4841

Threads
I've a new ZG124E zero turn, and there is nothing in the manual about what throttle it should operate at. I've been reading mixed things on various forums about the throttle position.

Have any of the ZT owners here been told what the thottle position should be when mowing?

Just hit 5 hours--planning to do the 5hr oil change for the B&S engine tomorrow. Sounds silly, but it's new & it's under warranty--though I doubt there are metal shavings in any modern engines these days...

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I've a new ZG124E zero turn, and there is nothing in the manual about what throttle it should operate at. I've been reading mixed things on various forums about the throttle position.

Have any of the ZT owners here been told what the throttle position should be when mowing?

Just hit 5 hours--planning to do the 5hr oil change for the B&S engine tomorrow. Sounds silly, but it's new & it's under warranty--though I doubt there are metal shavings in any modern engines these days...

Well I'm not a fan of Kubota and I'm sure not a fan of B&S but when your mowing you should be at full throttle. Now when starting the machine, I do that at half throttle or above and engage the PTO at full throttle as my manual states. Both my Cub Cadet ZTR and Toro Grandstand say the same. As you say You've been reading mixed things on various forums about the throttle position that's because everybody will have a different opinion on how things should be done but I'm a believer in the manufacturer and the manuals and I do what they say and I've never had any problems with any mowers.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads

Have any of the ZT owners here been told what the thottle position should be when mowing?

Full throttle is where you always run a mower when you are cutting grass. This keeps running at an optimum speed to do the job. You set your ground travel speed by the drive system which on a zero turn you use the control levers......

I am not that familiar with the Kommander series mowers and since they are new the jury is out on everything associated with them. However there is not a better quality product on the market than Kubota. They will make the warranty good IF you ever have to warranty anything.

Also there is not a machining process available to build things like engines, transmissions ect that can fit them with the exactness to keep from having some metal shaving when new. The short interval at the beginning might be one of the keys to getting past some problems that plague these engines.

Boudreaux

Threads
The Scag Cheetah Manual indicated using full throttle in order to utilize the highest blade speed possible for the unit.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

awcs64

Forum Newbie
Threads

In the operating manual on page 24 it states under notes to "keep the engine running at full throttle for best results. Control the travel speed with the motion control levers".

Ragnar4841

Threads
In the operating manual on page 24 it states under notes to "keep the engine running at full throttle for best results. Control the travel speed with the motion control levers".

Thanks awcs! I looked through the manual several times and must've skipped over that each time.