Zero Turn, down to two. Would appreciate the help (Cub vs JD)

skiflyer

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Zero Turn, down to two. Would appreciate the help (Cub vs JD)
I mean, I actually looked at and liked that scagg a lot. But with a 52 inch deck it's more than $1000 over budget, and my dealer only has the 61" which is even more... Was still tempted though that's for sure, just doesn't make sense for me. And no local dealers for the other two (though a quick search looks over budget for at least the hustler).

Anyway, just decided on the Cub. I know it's mixed reviews, hopefully it goes well, and if it doesn't I feel like I have a good dealer behind me. We shall see. I appreciate everyone's input.

bkeller500

Threads
good luck with your new Cub......I mean that in a nice way.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
You will probably be okay with the Cub, for your property.

Lawn Addict
Threads
How comparable are the warranties ?

RayMcD

Threads
Hustler, Bad Boy, Toro, all I'm indicating is don't let your Google search limit your search for a machine. there are many fine ZTRs on the market that don't show up quickly when you do a Google search. When you search for Best ZTR you get crap for results !! (I don't think anyone on the forum will argue this point),. Cheers, Ray

pilotbuddy

Threads
Most of the box store mowers, Cub cadet, JD, even Toro are MTD mowers. Junk. Go to a small engine dealer and get a good brand. Like Ferris, Scag, Grasshopper.

BTBO

Threads
Looking for some guidance on purchase. After filtering for reputable dealer near me, availability, budget, I'm left with 2 mowers to choose between and I just can't pick.

#1) John Deere 365r with the 48" deck
#2) Cub Cadet ZT2 with the 54" deck

I'm replacing a 42" deck John Deere riding mower that we bought when we had very different property.

The property is about an acre, big chunks wide open with nothing there, but we have about a dozen saplings we planted in the last year to steer around.

After putting on the accessories we use, accounting for the slight difference in trade in from the different dealers, the Cub is about $1200 more than the Deere.

If I could buy the 375R with the 54" deck, I'd be done, but there aren't any in stock until fall... but I can't. So these are my two choices. I'm seriously torn. I want the Deere, but I think the bigger deck and stepping up to the ZT2 I think makes the Cub worth it. Any one have some help in deciding, or questions I should be asking myself to help decide?
Which ever one you decide on, DON'T buy from a big box store. They don't offer the service or parts possibly needed in the future.

eldowdy

Threads
I've had my Z445 for eleven years now.

Fox12

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you can find a dealer, I'd go with a Hustler Raptor SD. I owned one for six years before moving to a small city lot and had absolutely no issues with it. I had the best looking turf grass in the neighborhood because of it.