Hi Bobby,
check out item # 41 on the attachment.
Mad Mackie in CT

Attachments

• Scag TT brake system.pdf
    68.2 KB · Views: 23

Bobby Boyd

Threads
Mackie; I've looked at that schematic several times and have a copy on my work bench. I know its there and will keep looking. I can't believe scag owners are greasing this fitting. I doubt shops are doing it.

Anyway, thanks for all your help.

-bobby

Bobby Boyd

Threads
Well...guess what? I found the zerk on the left side near the rear wheel. I crawled underneath and kept feeling until I felt something that felt like a zerk. Then I got up and stood behind the rops (down postion left side) and could see it, now that I had cleared it off protruding forward about halfway up the wheel and about 5 or 6 inches beyond the opening in the wheel.

I still could not get grease couple on it. I think if I back up onto my ramps I may be able to get to it from underneath.

Below is what Scag said in a facebook reply to my question:

Scag Mowers commented on your Wall post.
Scag Mowers wrote: "There are fittings on the parking brake mechanisms, one on each side. Check your manual but this is typically a once per year operation. You'll need to remove the rear wheels to get at them easily."

-bobby

Bobby Boyd

Threads
Well...guess what? I finally was able to grease the zerks on the rear wheels using a slide on 90 degree angle adapter.

thanks to mackie for his help with this.

-bobby

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi Bobby,
That's great that you found a slide on 90, I've got one somewhere but I haven't seen it for a while, probably hiding under something in my over filled tool box!!! I've got an adjustable angle grease adapter that I use on the spindles.
Soon I'm going to do a 50/100 hour service on my Tiger Cub, I think that I will remove the rear wheels and do a parking brake adjustment while I'm at it. Gotta clean the deck too and start thinking about a replacement fan for the collection blower, local Scag dealer stocks one. I picked up some 20W-50 oil and a hydraulic filter and I'm going to do the hydraulic system also.
A point of info, when you remove the hydraulic oil filter the reservoir drains out thru the filter housing so be prepared to catch 3 plus quarts of oil.
Later
Mad Mackie in CT:laughing::biggrin::smile:

Last edited: