Z925A - Won't Re-Start When Hot

tjrigario

Forum Newbie
Threads
Do those carbs have an adjustment setting? I can’t seem to find anything other than an idle screw. My thought was that it was possibly running too rich.

tjrigario

Forum Newbie
Threads
Do those carbs have an adjustment screw for mixture? I wasn’t able to find one unless it’s hidden somewhere. The only screw I can find is for idle speed.

Threads
Is there a row of black relays? If there is, take out the K3 one and shake it. I’m sure you will hear a rattle from it. Put in a new relay and this will solve your problems. That relay controls the fuel shut of game solenoid. I use to work at a JD dealership many years ago and it was this relay that caused the problems

VTHOMAS

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've got a roughly 11yr old Deere Z925A Zero Turn with a Kawasaki FX751V on it. The motor runs good and strong, but never wants to restart after it's up to operating temperature. I've changed the coils and rebuilt the carb. Neither of those have corrected the problem. There's a fuel shutoff solenoid on the back of the carb that's been checked as well, and it's functioning as designed. I'm officially out of ideas! Has anyone experienced this before?
V

VTHOMAS

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've got a roughly 11yr old Deere Z925A Zero Turn with a Kawasaki FX751V on it. The motor runs good and strong, but never wants to restart after it's up to operating temperature. I've changed the coils and rebuilt the carb. Neither of those have corrected the problem. There's a fuel shutoff solenoid on the back of the carb that's been checked as well, and it's functioning as designed. I'm officially out of ideas! Has anyone experienced this before?

Valves need adjustment

grumpyunk

Threads
My first thought was valve adjustment, but considered two other possibles: lack of spark or lack of fuel.
You can check lack of fuel by squirting some carb cleaner into the intake and trying to start. If it fires on the cleaner, you have a fuel problem. You can check the spark by disconnecting a plug wire, stuffing in a spare plug and laying it on the engine. Crank and see if you get spark. If no spark, viola. Fix that.
Last could be the valves, but generally OHV engines open the valve clearance as the parts and valve seats wear. Flat head engines close the clearance as they wear, causing loose seating and it is worse when hot.
If the clearance is too large, the valve may not open enough to allow a good fuel:air charge that will fire off.
tom

Threads
I had a John Deere that was like that too. The solution? Even when hot, it wanted choke to start. WTF? I never got around to figuring out why. But, same symptom as yours. Full choke on a hot re-start, and it fired up in a heartbeat.

cleverlever

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is a long shot but the Kawasaki has a strange decompression device that could possibly be your problem

buckwheat_49

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have you checked valve lash if it's an overhead valve engine? Could make it hard to start and cause backfire.