Z335E Fuse Blown - Start Solenoid Replacement Question

pr0ject

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Z335E Fuse Blown - Start Solenoid Replacement Question
After 4 seasons of use, my Z335E decided it wanted to blow a fuse every time the engine runs and the parking brake is disengaged. Through diagnosis via instructions found elsewhere, it looks like I have a bad start solenoid. I have a replacement starter solenoid, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the old one out. The plastic cover doesn't seem to come off to get access to it and going at it from the underside doesn't seem to work either (just by feeling - haven't got the equipment to raise up the back end at the moment.)

Has anyone here been fortunate enough to have to replace the solenoid who can give a guy some tips on accessing it?

pr0ject

Forum Newbie
Threads
Nevermind. I replaced the solenoid after much trial and tribulation and the fuse is still blowing any time I drop the parking brake. Any suggestions?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I suspect you have a frayed wire in the safety circuit. Did this just occur after winter storage, mice could have built a nest under the shroud and chewed the wires. This will try your patience, as you now have to physically check as much of the wiring as you can.