Z248 F Zero-Turn Belt replacement

kfulton

Forum Newbie
Threads
My husband blew a belt mowing. Went to Lowe’s and got the replacement belt (138.7 inches). It’s also what the part replacement called for. We are at a loss, and cannot get it to fit. It appears to be too short? Has anyone else had this problem?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
K
please supply the full model number & serial number off the ID tag under the mower seat
With this we can check the IPL's and from that check the belt length
The actual belt layout should be on a decal on the deck & in the owners manual
Because it is a long belt the tension arm needs to be quite strong
You have to stretch the spring on the tension arm quite some distance in order to get the belt on
Better quality mowers will have a square hole for a breaker bar to make tensioning the spring easier
Some of my customers who are old and frail use a ratchet tie down on the tension arm anchored to the body some where appropriate to stretch the spring.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bert did you loose your Christal ball and can't figure it out by the belt size. LOL We have people come in all the time wanting a belt and they say it's a Dixie Chopper. What model is it it's a Dixie Chopper. Duh we figured that much out what is the model no. Thy don't have a clue. It's like going to the parts house and asking for a belt for a Chevy. And they act like we are the stupid one.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well there at two different deck belts used on this. The belt needed depend on the 9-11 digit model number on the serial number tag.

Early models used 539109243 48-in Deck Belt for Riding Mower/Tractors (5/8-in W x 135.5-in L)
Late models used 582558001 48-in Deck Belt for Riding Mower/Tractors (5/8-in W x 147.5-in L)

And what did Lowes sell you an MTD belt? That what they did here for a 54" cut JD mower and that belt was 12" short. My customer came yesterday and want if the belt was the wrong size and he had his broken belt with him.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ran into a similar problem on a Husqvarna ZTR Look up the belt and they supersede It to a different no. ordered it for two different sources. They would show the correct no. but would send the supersede no. Never did get it straight. Old belt was kinda ok so I just put it back on.