Z225 issues

David2291

Forum Newbie
Threads
So after thinking about the daisy chain between the ignition switch, pto and hour meter I checked voltage between the switch and the pto switch. I’m only getting about 5 to 6 volts and then nothing past the pto switch. So I checked continuity on the ignition switch and the ground to magneto have it and so does battery to ground when I turn the switch but nothing for anything else. I don’t have the money right now for the technical Manuel so just trouble shooting about everything

David2291

Forum Newbie
Threads
As the relay goes I have found one that’s bolted under the solenoid and replaced that but nothing. Unless there is another hidden somewhere i don’t see

David2291

Forum Newbie
Threads
Exactly right
Same story here I only buy manuals as I need them
Got 5 Z225's in the service run, 1 is private & the other 2 are commercial customers who do residentials so need a small mower with a small deck.
None of them have ever had electrical problems , just failures of the deck lift but at 2000 hours on a domestic ZTR that is to be expected .
But we shall wait till Dave gets back
Sneaky feeling that there are 2 relays , one for the seat switch & another for the kill switch one of which could very well be bad.
Sorry replied to the post not yours. Not sure how notifications works

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If you are only 5 to 6 volts where should be getting nearly 12v, you connection problem or bad ignition switch. Look careful that connector that plugs into the ignition and make none wire terminal don't have a broken spring hinge. They do crack and become loose causing lost of voltage.

David2291

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you are only 5 to 6 volts where should be getting nearly 12v, you connection problem or bad ignition switch. Look careful that connector that plugs into the ignition and make none wire terminal don't have a broken spring hinge. They do crack and become loose causing lost of voltage.
Bad ignition switch. Jumped power to the yellow wire off of it and everything worked. Replaced it and runs fine now. Thank you to everyone who helped