YTH22V46 stopped going forward and reverse,

jqpsu39

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bought it brand new, it has 6 hrs of use and it runs well. Was mowing my lawn and stopped to move something and started it back up to find it wouldn't go forward or in reverse. Nothing seems to be moving when I press the pedal. I wouldn't think anything is worn out at this point.
What I checked:
Drive belt
Did the procedure to remove the air from the hydraulic lines.
Checked to make sure lever attached to the pedal was in working order.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any recommendations.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
With only six hours of use it should be still under warranty so let the dealer handle it.

GetTechnicalWithJd

Threads
Bought it brand new, it has 6 hrs of use and it runs well. Was mowing my lawn and stopped to move something and started it back up to find it wouldn't go forward or in reverse. Nothing seems to be moving when I press the pedal. I wouldn't think anything is worn out at this point.
What I checked:
Drive belt
Did the procedure to remove the air from the hydraulic lines.
Checked to make sure lever attached to the pedal was in working order.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any recommendations.

Stupid question, did you check the bypass valve?

On a new unit that would be the more obvious cause. Work the bypass rod in and out a few times and then make sure its all the way in. Then test it again.

jqpsu39

Forum Newbie
Threads
Stupid question, did you check the bypass valve?

On a new unit that would be the more obvious cause. Work the bypass rod in and out a few times and then make sure its all the way in. Then test it again.
If you are referring to the black lever behind the mower below the seat that moves in and out to engage and disengage the transmission, then yes, I looked up the procedure to bleed the air out of the transmission. Tried that several time with no luck.
If that is not what you are referring to please explain. I'm not sure what or where the bypass valve is.

GetTechnicalWithJd

Threads
If you are referring to the black lever behind the mower below the seat that moves in and out to engage and disengage the transmission, then yes, I looked up the procedure to bleed the air out of the transmission. Tried that several time with no luck.
If that is not what you are referring to please explain. I'm not sure what or where the bypass valve is.
Yes that is the bypass valve.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Could always be that the drive belt is off one of the pulleys from a stick getting lodge between the belt and pulley.

jqpsu39

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for all the replies. I found that the belt came off of the pully on the front drive shaft(?). It was difficult to see unless you look from a certain angle. There are two braces that come down from the frame to help hold the belt in place, therefore when I previously tried to move the belt it appeared to be working.
Thanks again and sorry for my inexperience about something so simple.