Export thread

YTA22V46 drive belt problem

L

LarryC3315

I was using my mower to move some equipment around yesterday and got some loud noises from underneath and then it stopped. No forward or reverse. I pulled the deck and the drive belt. The drive belt was badly chewed up. The belt was hitting a piece above the forward pulley system on the cvt. The shaft was wrapped in strings that had peeled off the belt. I got that all removed and bought a new belt. While installing the new belt I realized there was something missing on the forward pulley system on the transmission. I did some walking around and found a piece that fits over what the belt was hitting. But, I'm sure I'm still missing at least one part. I have pictures of the area I am referencing and the part I found. If anyone can tell my what I'm missing and where I can get it, I'd sure appreciate it. Turns out my pics are too large. I bought a shaft collar to keep the piece I found in place, but it still hits screw tops on the pulley below on that shaft.

R

Rivets

Unless you can give us some pictures, there isn’t a lot we can do to help. Try resizing the pictures you have.

B

bertsmobile1

find the popping photos into any photo app on a computer and saving them as a JPG will usually fix this problem.
Phones use a format called RAW and that makes te file size massve on a computer.
IF that does not work then resizing them to 12" x 10" at a r
esolution of 72dpi will make the photo file size very small but still appear on screen at a size that is big enough fr blind old bastards like me to see the detail needed..
As for your actual problem, go to Husqarna's web page & download your mowers parts book
Run the rear of the mower up some ramps so it is nice and stable then get under there with a print out of the "DRIVE" page and look fo a missing idler pulley or belt guard or belt guide
Things do just drop off from time to time & because all th grubbibs are behind the deck you don;t hear then bang smash whallop as you run over them like yo do on a tractor style mower.

L

LarryC3315

Ok, here are the pics, I hope. I reduced the size by 50%. Sorry about the finger in the pics.Tran1.jpgTran2.jpgTran3.jpg

L

LarryC3315

The bottom pic is how it looked when I took the old belt off. It wasn't that old. Just put it on a little over a week ago. The first pic is after I found the piece laying on the ground. I put a shaft collar above it to keep it on.

StarTech

StarTech

Looks to be a belt routing problem to me for one thing as there is two contact at the RS800 on the right of the belt. Shouldn't be touching either at the driven pulley or hte belt retainer at the drive pulley. Also what aftermarket belt are you using. Supposedly this belt is 1/2" x 92-1/2". Check all idlers especially the v-idlers as they tend to wear have the belt to bottom out in the v-groove.

L

LarryC3315

This mower uses a 1//2 x 101 drive belt. It is routed exactly as the manual shows it should be. I replaced it about 3 years ago the first time and it did great. I replaced it when I had to replace the deck belt. This is a YTA22V46 960450051.

StarTech

StarTech

Thank for the actually model number. I had look a different YTA22V46 unit. But I still wondering why it has two bends in the straight belt path. It shouldn't be touching at either place.

Stens has the belt length at 100-1/4" for this unit but I just measured using a v-belt measuring tool the OEM 532197253 (superseded to 592855001) and it is 1/2 x 101". Since that appears to be A&I belt so double check it length as I had a lot of problems with their belts being the wrong lengths. I actually threw away nearly a $1000 of their belts last June. Luckily I was able to write them off my business taxes.

Forgive me the mis-info about the belt but why I got to look-up the actually model number from the serial tags. Sometimes I even have to have the serial numbers as manufactures sometimes items in the belt path requiring different belts. Even this OEM sometimes have the wrong serial number breaks listed in the IPL.

L

LarryC3315

I bought the belt at tractor supply. It fits like the previous belts. The belt guard on the engine pulley also rubs just a little. I intend to loosen it and move it some. I don't have an accurate way to measure the belt.

B

bertsmobile1

In the USA belt lengths are the outside length.
SO get a sharp pencil and measure it.
Mark it off at 10" intervals if you like.
Start at the name is usually easier.

L

LarryC3315

I took it to a guy in Rogers that works on all brands. He understood right away what was wrong and ordered the parts I need. Should be in any time now.

L

LarryC3315

Must have messed up. I posted yesterday about a shop in Rogers ordering the parts I need. Turns out he was unable to find the parts. He tried with everyone he knows and no one sells any of the parts on the transmission. So, I have a mower that is in good shape every other way that I can't use. Is there anyone on here with the same model? If you could post pictures of what is there, maybe my brother can make something for me. He has a pretty fair machine shop. YTA22V46 960450051 is the model number. Now I can see what I posted yesterday.

StarTech

StarTech

The transmission external parts must be ordered through either Husqvarna or a General Transmission distributor, no internal parts available.

Mower engine to transaxle belt is 592855001 (1/2" x 101"). The transmission's cvt belt is 587086101 (GT37401). Now the rest of the parts must come General Transmission distributor.

Here is the service manual for pedal control model. It contains part numbers for the external parts.

RS800P Transaxle Service Manual

Here is also a troubleshooting guide.

RS800P Troubleshooting Guide

L

LarryC3315

Thank you for those links. Turns out, I'm back trying to get my foot out of my a**. Turns out I have 2 versions of the manual, and of course, I was in the wrong one. The belt was routed wrong. It is now correct and I've mowed about 2/3 of my property. I'll finish the rest in about 45 minutes time. My apologies. The wrong manual is now gone.

K

keakar

Must have messed up. I posted yesterday about a shop in Rogers ordering the parts I need. Turns out he was unable to find the parts. He tried with everyone he knows and no one sells any of the parts on the transmission. So, I have a mower that is in good shape every other way that I can't use. Is there anyone on here with the same model? If you could post pictures of what is there, maybe my brother can make something for me. He has a pretty fair machine shop. YTA22V46 960450051 is the model number. Now I can see what I posted yesterday.
here you go, but it doesnt look like a separate part so youcan only get it as part of buying the whole tranny https://www.partstree.com/models/yta-22v46-960450051-00-husqvarna-46-yard-tractor-2015-07/drive-2/

you have only 2 choices left, buy a new tranny, or buy a parts mower and take that tranny, or the parts you need from it, off to fix yours

then maybe there is still a 3rd option is someone on ebay might be selling that part you need used

and in the future remember your lawnmower transmission is weak as shit and not designed to pull anything around more the a small lawn cart with 25 lbs load in it

StarTech

StarTech

here you go, but it doesnt look like a separate part so youcan only get it as part of buying the whole tranny https://www.partstree.com/models/yta-22v46-960450051-00-husqvarna-46-yard-tractor-2015-07/drive-2/

you have only 2 choices left, buy a new tranny, or buy a parts mower and take that tranny, or the parts you need from it, off to fix yours

then maybe there is still a 3rd option is someone on ebay might be selling that part you need used

and in the future remember your lawnmower transmission is weak as shit and not designed to pull anything around more the a small lawn cart with 25 lbs load in it
Actually all he had was the drive belt routed wrong. See post 14 that was 6-1/2 hrs before yours. It help a lot when reading the whole thread before posting. Also post 13 contained links for servicing the CVT transaxle.

L

LarryC3315

Thank you StarTech. The links and manual are excellent. I really appreciate it. The mower worked fine after I rerouted the belt.

K

keakar

Actually all he had was the drive belt routed wrong. See post 14 that was 6-1/2 hrs before yours. It help a lot when reading the whole thread before posting. Also post 13 contained links for servicing the CVT transaxle.
no he said he had parts that fell off the tranny he found in the yard and there was still missing parts he couldnt find part numbers for

thats why i posted what i did, but your need to feel superior caused you to feel the need to take shorts at others trying to help

StarTech

StarTech

no he said he had parts that fell off the tranny he found in the yard and there was still missing parts he couldnt find part numbers for

thats why i posted what i did, but your need to feel superior caused you to feel the need to take shorts at others trying to help
I don't mind folks trying to help but they do need read everything posted first or they just look dumb after the fact the OP posted that he got things fix. It sorta like posting to a 5 yr old thread as if it is something just posted.

BTW, how do I take "shorts at others"? I think after running this through the separator here you mean "shots at others" as I am not going be throwing my shorts at anyone. Actually I could comment about your lack punctuation but I'm not.

And to note I am not any better than anyone in my opinion. I had my share of dumb mistakes too as I have been criticized for the very same things when I first started working forums. I do think you need to get that chip off your shoulder and learn to take a little criticism.

I am calling this thread done in my view so I am moving on and won't reply here anymore as I am un-watching this thread. Plus if you don't like reading what I post, just set me to "ignore" and you won't see my posts.