YTA19K42 Drive Belt Constantly Replacing

lakerspud

Forum Newbie
Threads
Older YTA keeps wearing out drive belts. The four idlers work freely and are not worn. Good tension on belt and it installed correctly per manual. Belts are also positioned between guards correctly. Last belt change lasted 5 hours. What am I doing wrong and what should I be looking for to solve the issue. This is not a warranty unit.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have a good look at the V pulleys
Good chance you will see the very bottom of the V groove polished shinny which means the belt can not grip the sided of the pulley so it starts to slip after a few hours of use.
So it is the pulley that needs replacing not the belts .

lakerspud

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is a picture of the last belt which lasted 2 months if that helps or is what I would expect with the condition you mention b

Attachments

• C7EC7BCC-2CA1-4346-95A4-F67D249A14BA.jpeg
    C7EC7BCC-2CA1-4346-95A4-F67D249A14BA.jpeg
    463.8 KB · Views: 11

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That type of damage is typical of a belt running against some thing that is not moving.
In most cases it happens because the belt is on the wrong side of a belt guide
Belt guides are nearly always on the back ( flat ) side of the belt .
Typically on a tractor this happens when the belt is run backwards through the clutching pulleys and less often because it is on the wrong side of the front pulley retainer .
Drop your deck block off the fuel tank then stand it up on the back wheels and take a photo of the belt run brake on & brake off .
Right now I can not connect to Husqvarna or most USA mower sites as my browser is no longer able to handshake with the new generation of security keys so I can not check what is there on a YTA model .

lakerspud

Forum Newbie
Threads
That type of damage is typical of a belt running against some thing that is not moving.
In most cases it happens because the belt is on the wrong side of a belt guide
Belt guides are nearly always on the back ( flat ) side of the belt .
Typically on a tractor this happens when the belt is run backwards through the clutching pulleys and less often because it is on the wrong side of the front pulley retainer .
Drop your deck block off the fuel tank then stand it up on the back wheels and take a photo of the belt run brake on & brake off .
Right now I can not connect to Husqvarna or most USA mower sites as my browser is no longer able to handshake with the new generation of security keys so I can not check what is there on a YTA model .
I will check that out. Thanks