YS4500 Wiring

Cannon51

Threads
I bought a YS4500 (917.288220) last week with a blown Intek. I have another engine set in place but cannot locate a wiring diagram of the tractor to hook up the engine electrical. I downloaded the Owners Manual from sears but a diagram is not included. Google was not my friend. Anybody have one.
Cannon

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:welcome:

Cannon,
Slip the cover of the old engine and follow the wires from the plug to see where they go.
The Intek will have the same parts ( magneto kill wire , carb solenoid wire and alternator )
B & S code their alternators by the colour of the wires and the plug.

If you post the engine numbers from both the engines we can provide you a lot more useful information

Cannon51

Threads
Thanks Pumper 54, I did find a diagram for a ys4500 but it was a different model number.
Thanks Bert. The engine is a Kohler CV490S with 15 amp charging system. I knew what the wires were on the engine side of the connector but wanted to use the diagram to confirm the wire color on the tractor side. I was able to use the "wrong" ys4500 wiring diagram to find them. I only needed the magneto kill wire and the charging wire, I hooked it up yesterday and it cranks, runs, charges and shuts off. The solenoid was bad so I disabled it and I've never used headlights on a Lawnmower.
Cannon

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sounds good.
the only real problem is accidentially hooking up the kill wire to one that goes 12 V when turned on as it fries the magneto in no time flat.

Cannon51

Threads
Sounds good.
the only real problem is accidentially hooking up the kill wire to one that goes 12 V when turned on as it fries the magneto in no time flat.

Yes, I did check the kill wire with a test light to make sure it never had positive current on it.
Thanks
Cannon