Yazoo Kees with 18hp intake briggs Help

scag43

Threads
Hi there, Yazoo kee, with 18hp intake Briggs, today I was mowing and with blades engage the motor wants to shut-off, if I disengage the blades it will still run, I did shut-off the engine to take a look at the blades and everything since fine, but when I turn key to start, it was dead, just a click noise, when I arrive home today , I check the battery and it was gone, I tested and it is completely dead, here is my question, the electric clutch to engage the blades does it needs power from battery to work or it can work with a dead battery and run just from the engine? I will really appreciate any help

chance123

Threads
Hi there, Yazoo kee, with 18hp intake Briggs, today I was mowing and with blades engage the motor wants to shut-off, if I disengage the blades it will still run, I did shut-off the engine to take a look at the blades and everything since fine, but when I turn key to start, it was dead, just a click noise, when I arrive home today , I check the battery and it was gone, I tested and it is completely dead, here is my question, the electric clutch to engage the blades does it needs power from battery to work or it can work with a dead battery and run just from the engine? I will really appreciate any help

I suspect it is your charging system. Since you only need battery power for the starter and blade clutch, (as well as fuel pump/solenoid) the blade clutch (when engaged) is "constantly" drawing power. So when you say "if I disengage the blades it will still run" This is because the engine is running off of the magneto and only needs battery power for starting and fuel pump if so equiped. When you tried to restart and found that the battery was dead is because the electric clutch drew all the power from the battery and the battery was "not" being recharged.

Threads

It might but I wouldnt try it sounds like you have a bad VR, or just a bad battery.

scag43

Threads
Thanks for quick response, I just try to charge the battery and it won稚 charge, I'm going to have to buy a new one, How do I test the engine charging unit and where is located? I will really appreciated any help Thank You

scag43

Threads
Hi guys, I install a new Battery today, and everything since to work just fine, electric cluctch is also working like it should, Battery voltage is 12.6v with motor running is 13.8v, I think charging unit is working, what you guys think? and Thank you for all the help, I don't care what they said, :laughing:you guys are the best:laughing:
Thank You