Yardman 1996 vintage

upnorth

Threads
actually the mower is in pretty good shape. the engine runs smooth. had to do some modifications to it, until this one spring let go! now I got to find out where the spring goes. part of the drive system I think, but where?

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Does the motion belt have tension when the clutch is engaged?

upnorth

Threads

I FOUND MY MOWER NUMBER. IT'S 136A694F401. I ALSO FOUND THE SPRING AND NUMBER ON THE MTD SITE.
MY LOCAL SUPPLIER HAD THE SPRING FOR 9 BUCKS.
I ORDERED SOME MORE STUFF - THE BATTERY BRACKET WAS RUSTED [CORRODED] THROUGH.
AND I GOT THE PROPER THROTTLE CABLE ASSEMBLY AND CONTROL LEVER BOX
THANKS GUYS FOR YOUR HELP!

gfp55

Threads
I FOUND MY MOWER NUMBER. IT'S 136A694F401. I ALSO FOUND THE SPRING AND NUMBER ON THE MTD SITE.
Great, Keep us updated and let us know how it all works out, OK...

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads

Are you just saying this because that is the same model number of the link I suggested??? By clicking on the "link" I put up?

If that is the case, I wish to retract that post. If you actually found this model number on your mower, then great!!!

If not, my guess was just a suggestion.... Just by going on year, deck, model possibilities, etc....It was my "best guess"...

upnorth

Threads
I went looking through my file cabinet because I "know" I had saved the shipping label and information. I had gone paranoid because at the time I didn't know where the info was. i looked through all the papers I had scattered about my computer room, then got the bright idea to look in the file cabinet. Maybe, just maybe I stuck it in there.
AND there it was!
I looked at your post tonight and all I saw was five question marks. It didn't occur to me that YARDMAN in green was your link. I thank you. You were correct.
anyway I need a few things so I ordered them from the mtd site.
My battery box was beyond corroded. How the battery stayed where it was is a mystery to me. So I bought one. THEN
I had throttle problems last year. So I looked somewhere but the length I purchased was a 35 inch cable plus mounting handle.
Now that I got the correct mower number, I purchased the correct cable and actuator box.
Should be here by the 20th.

gfp55

Threads

Are you just saying this because that is the same model number of the link I suggested??? By clicking on the "link" I put up?

If that is the case, I wish to retract that post. If you actually found this model number on your mower, then great!!!

If not, my guess was just a suggestion.... Just by going on year, deck, model possibilities, etc....It was my "best guess"...
Good call fish... That's the stuff that fish knows!!!!

upnorth

Threads
I removed the idler pulley and there are two holes in the idler arm. opposite on the side frame is another "tab" with two holes. I got the spring on between the two holes and re-installed the pulley. had to jimmy around with a flat crowbar to get the belt around the idler pulley, but its on! now waiting for the rest of my order, due thursday, to get the mower running again. will update.

gfp55

Threads
Thanks for the update, glad your coming along with your machine.