Yard machine fuel tank capacity

Richie F

Threads
Being I have a 1988 yard machine finding the correct info for it is rough,
Basically what does the fuel tank hold ?
This machine is a 12hp Briggs with a 42 inch deck.
Thanks.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
We need more info, like the model and serial numbers located under the seat. Snapping a picture of the tag would even be better.

Richie F

Threads
We need more info, like the model and serial numbers located under the seat. Snapping a picture of the tag would even be better.
[/QUOTE

My picture is too large to post. Don't know the steps to make it work.
The tag that is on the machine is OEM MTD 131-650G0007 (Lot/Model)
MFG Date E01188

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have found no information on this model number. I did find that you contacted MTD to get info and tried using other numbers, but came up will nothing. I suggest you contact MTD again to gain the info you are looking for. Or you can empty the tank, fill it with water, then measure how much comes out.

Richie F

Threads
With some research the model number is 131-650-000.
My question is just curiosity and thought someone would say "yeah it's 2 gallons"
Thanks for your help with this question.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you post in the future please give all your info in your initial post, like telling us you are just curious if anyone knows. You didn’t provide model number until asked. You didn’t tell us you contacted MTD and got a different model number. You didn’t tell us you had a third model number. I spent a half hour trying to find an answer for you, because I thought you needed it now. I am putting you on my don’t waste your time list for the future. That way I can help those who really have a problem.

Richie F

Threads
If you post in the future please give all your info in your initial post, like telling us you are just curious if anyone knows. You didn’t provide model number until asked. You didn’t tell us you contacted MTD and got a different model number. You didn’t tell us you had a third model number. I spent a half hour trying to find an answer for you, because I thought you needed it now. I am putting you on my don’t waste your time list for the future. That way I can help those who really have a problem.
Wow I really upset you.
Next time I'll be spot on with info.
By the way i too try to look up info for people on this forum and other ones too and can spend more than a half hour out of my life doing so.