Repairs yard machine 15.5 ohv i/c smokes and has gas in oil

rvalcarcel74@gmail.com

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently bought a used yardmachine in good shape, got it home, cut yard, put away...had to replace battery and solenoid and got it running again...it was raining and I took it out for one pass....smoke pouring out of exhaust and shut off....starts up and stops for a bit then Boggs down and smokes...I checked and oil smells like gasoline is in it....could it be clogged air filter, or blown head gasket??? Is there a definite way to diagnose the exact issue?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Normally gas in the oil is due to the needle valve in the carb is leaking, and will overfill the carb, run into the cylinder, past the rings, and into the oil. Or run down the breather tube in to the oil. Will need to remove carb, and clean, replace needle valve at least, but recommend installing a repair kit for the carb.

Clogged air filter normally causes rich running, but won't normally dilute the oil. Blown head gasket can cause oil/ gas dilution, but will normally cause lots of smoking all the time. Can take oil dipstick loose while engine is running, and see if it bounces around or just stays relatively still. bouncing dipstick means blown head gasket, but I suspect you have a needle valve issue in the carb.