Yard King self propelled push mower.

professor229

Forum Newbie
Threads
Need some advice. Was looking for a small push trim mower for my yard, and traded some car parts for a Yard King self propelled push mower. It is an older mower but starts every time on the first pull and has been a good mower. It is time to put it away for the winter so yesterday I decided to change oil on it and clean it up real good. I sharpened the blade and then went about the oil change.... and looked and looked and looked... There was no obvious drain plug... Is this one of those "tip it over to drain the oil" mowers???? I tried to do that... and no oil came out for some reason... and yes, the dipstick shows there is oil in the machine... so that is a head scratcher too.... Anybody own a Yard King push mower and know the answers to this???? PS.... I just added a little more oil to it and put it away for the winter. It is NOT a big deal because it is an older mower and I don't use it all that much...... Help/suggestions/advice appreciated.... and PS... I did try to look for a manual online and found a user manual for it that shows how to check the oil, but it does not say anything about how to change the oil on it..... Thanks...

dougand3

Threads
Engine model #? Eg: Briggs 126T02 1223 F1. Tip over oil dump needs 45-60* incline...did you go that far?

professor229

Forum Newbie
Threads
Actually, I turned it upside down so it was horizontal, and then even leaned it a little, but I guess I should have tried to lean it more... but it was curious that not one drop came out.... so I put it back on its wheels, waited, and checked the oil again thinking there might not be any oil in it???? Hard to believe... but the dipstick did register oil and was above the add mark.... and no, the oil didn't look that old and "thick" like I have seen in some neglected golf carts and cars.... So it's still a mystery... I assume you mean incline away from the muffler? I just find it curious, that I cannot find a manual for this mower or a YouTube video for it.... but it's really not a big deal... it was a trade... I have nothing into this mower at all and it still works fine.... starts on the first pull each time too..... so I topped off the oil, cleaned it up good... even waxed the deck for easy cleanup... and then put it in storage.... If you find a video, service manual (I found the operating manual.... no help) ..... or more information about it ... let me know... and no, I did NOT find any kind of a model number other than a Briggs decal on the top of the mower..... Thanks for your help... I may have to dig deeper...

CraigH

Threads
Have you tried to suck the oil out of it with an vacuum oil pump?
That's how I do most of my small engine oil changes now.
They're not alot of money, think I paid about £15 for mine and it's saved alot of trouble with oil changes plus there is zero mess to deal with after.