Yard Boss Chipper Chute Repair

AdamE

Threads
Hey all.

I've an old White Yard Boss 950 (24A-315C190) that was given to me many years ago. A guy I worked with was retiring and moving to Florida and tried to sell it to me for $400. I said no and 2 months later he told me to just come and take it. Free is about the only thing I'd spend on an MTD product.

Anyhoo, the discharge chute is cracking where it connects to the machine. One of these days it will fail.

Is there a good product I can use to repair the cracks in this type of plastic? Or, would it be better to wrap it in fiberglass and redrill the holes?

Thanks!

YB950.jpg

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
can you have an HVAC sheet metal guy form one out of sheet metal to reinforce it and epoxy the two together? Or can you find someone with a brake and build it out of thicker aluminum to replace it?

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads

AdamE

Threads
without a complete model and serial number plus a photo from multiple angles it is impossible to tell what part that is on a parts diagram. There are some models that show parts still available. Then generic ebay searches show somethings like this. Good luck. Without more to go on my search skills can't help more. https://www.ebay.com/itm/265341363098?hash=item3dc793e39a:g:dU4AAOSwSKBdqhLS&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAAoFOR3U9pTL+BtRU290Yf52Z3uELYfsXweXZGhgMS7MM9vq8HSk9I4f+UAwM0Get0QGv/W1DaFK9hKcAsRoxEVyQoXUosgYjIRRJRbKJD+Duzz59cpgYG87DtKMLzOqDewFoFImd91T6ssh7+d3AEA/ywROtJa7vzMFplyiwTOrD4RFNeeRTBmUA/wfjS3cbdUfeWGJrcgpNmFLFv6HirVA0=|tkp:Bk9SR4qttYviYA
That is the complete model number.

The actual part number from the manual is: 731-1573. I've found them online, but since I use this thing once every couple of years, I'm not looking for a replacement because they're pricey. I'm just looking for a way to jury-rig it to get some more life out of it.

Thanks.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A bit of tin can & some pop rivets will do the job
It can be welded but to do that it has to be very clean and your chances of doing that now are very slim.