XT2 LT42 picks up a lot of debris and dust

mby1911

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just replaced an old Cub Cadet 1811 with a XT2 LT42 and it picks up and throws everything with a lot of force, plus blows dirt/dust like crazy.
I rarely had an issue with the old 1811. I've only ever used a John Deere rider and didn't notice the same issue with that one but only used it once at my house.
It looks like mowing at level 3 (which i assume is 3") matches what I was mowing at with the 1811.

Not sure if it's just different blades, deck differences or what?
Is there a way to lessen this?
Would using the mulching kit help? Although reviews say the cub cadet mulching kit is pretty bad.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
The mulching kit will kick up more dust.
Check and see if the deck is leveled according to the manual.

kbowley

Threads
I just replaced an old Cub Cadet 1811 with a XT2 LT42 and it picks up and throws everything with a lot of force, plus blows dirt/dust like crazy.
I rarely had an issue with the old 1811. I've only ever used a John Deere rider and didn't notice the same issue with that one but only used it once at my house.
It looks like mowing at level 3 (which i assume is 3") matches what I was mowing at with the 1811.

Not sure if it's just different blades, deck differences or what?
Is there a way to lessen this?
Would using the mulching kit help? Although reviews say the cub cadet mulching kit is pretty bad.
Could you please specify where the debris is being thrown? Is it around the deck's perimeter or out the discharge chute? Also, the "levels" do not correspond to the blade height; they are just for future personal guidance. You will need to measure the blade height in relation to the level marker. Thank you!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
One problem here to start with. Are talking about a XT1-LT42 or is it a XT2-LX42 and what year? CC changed blade center hole design so we got first being at the correct mower so post the model from the serial number tag. usually start with 13 fr riders.

You might need to switch to low lift blades as these came hi lift blades.

mby1911

Forum Newbie
Threads
Could you please specify where the debris is being thrown? Is it around the deck's perimeter or out the discharge chute? Also, the "levels" do not correspond to the blade height; they are just for future personal guidance. You will need to measure the blade height in relation to the level marker. Thank you!
thrown out both areas.
I assumed that since the deck height went from 1" to 4" and the level lever is marked 1 to 4, i assumed that corresponded to the inches.

mby1911

Forum Newbie
Threads
One problem here to start with. Are talking about a XT1-LT42 or is it a XT2-LX42 and what year? CC changed blade center hole design so we got first being at the correct mower so post the model from the serial number tag. usually start with 13 fr riders.

You might need to switch to low lift blades as these came hi lift blades.
it's a 2024 XT2 LX42.
model is 13APA1TEA10

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
thrown out both areas.
I assumed that since the deck height went from 1" to 4" and the level lever is marked 1 to 4, i assumed that corresponded to the inches.
Have you even checked to see if the deck was leveled as the operators manual describes?
The cutting height selector will not necessarily match the actual cutting height.

mby1911

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have you even checked to see if the deck was leveled as the operators manual describes?
The cutting height selector will not necessarily match the actual cutting height.
not yet.

mby1911

Forum Newbie
Threads
That should have been the second thing done before cutting.
The first thing would have been to check the oil level.
I assume that the dealer would have leveled it