XT1 doesn't move forward or reverse

Tom O

Forum Newbie
Threads
My 2015 XT1 only has 20 hours, sat in my garage (unheated) in NH for two years. My wife moved it around the garage a few times without engaging the hydrostatic transmission bypass valve.

Two months ago I discovered the Mower had a puddle of fluid under it along with a flat tire. I changed the oil, filter and added a new drain valve. Added a new air filter, added a fuel line shut off valve and charged the battery. It started up but doesn't go forward or reverse.

When I engage or disengage the bypass valve the mower moves easily in either position. I checked the belts ...seem fine. I spoke to a cub cadet technician he suggested checking the transmission seal? I have never been able to identify the fluid under the mower after sitting for two years. Not sure what other information needed to provide me with some advice...

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
My 2015 XT1 only has 20 hours, sat in my garage (unheated) in NH for two years. My wife moved it around the garage a few times without engaging the hydrostatic transmission bypass valve.

Two months ago I discovered the Mower had a puddle of fluid under it along with a flat tire. I changed the oil, filter and added a new drain valve. Added a new air filter, added a fuel line shut off valve and charged the battery. It started up but doesn't go forward or reverse.

When I engage or disengage the bypass valve the mower moves easily in either position. I checked the belts ...seem fine. I spoke to a cub cadet technician he suggested checking the transmission seal? I have never been able to identify the fluid under the mower after sitting for two years. Not sure what other information needed to provide me with some advice...

The fluid, what part of the mower was it under, the engine or transmission.

The neutral lever, does it actually move the lever coming out of the transmission?