X380 Mower Deck Cut Issue

deanprice10

Forum Newbie
Threads
2016 X380 with 48" Accel deck. Two issues - left side leaves grass uncut under extreme left side of deck. Also, should the deck be centered so that the same amount of deck extends past the rear wheels. I am having trouble getting good stripping in my yard - one stripe is narrower than the other - and more of the left side of the deck extends out past the rear wheel. Right side is almost even with rear wheel.

cruzenmike

Threads
With decks more than 42" wide, or wider than the machine is almost certain that the left side (non-discharge) will stick out more than the the side with the chute. This is by design; referred to as the trim side of the mower. As for the stripes, unless you are being sure to line up the edge of the deck instead of the tires, you will have unequal width stripes. If you are having cut quality issues, make sure that your deck is level, the blades are sharp and your spindles are all moving freely. This can be checked by removing your deck belt with the machine off and once the tensions is off of the spindles, turn each by hand to make sure that there is nothing bound up. In general I have heard that these decks cut nicely and so long as the equipment is set up and running properly, you should not see any uncut grass, this is unless you are trying to take too much off the top or if it is wet.

lonesomegeorge

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I have a x324 JD with a 48" 3 blade mower deck.
My problem is when I cut around trees or make a turn while mowing, I always have a deeper cut on the trim side of the deck.
I have set my tire pressure, Leveled the deck, (many times) I checked my blades for straightness, (good) even bought New JD blades, still I have this problem. My caster wheels on the deck are all set correctly.
One more thing I notice is that the trim side of the deck doesn't really cut the grass as low as the rest of the unit.
What am I missing?
Is it the fact that its All wheel steer and when cornering, the tractor "drops" because the tire diameter actually decreases?
That's my only thought!
Help from anyone would be appreciated.
Thanks.

bkeller500

Threads
Ii have a similar problem with my X590 48" deck. It seems that the deck is tilting. Rechecked tire pressure and deck level. New sharp blades.

Frustrating

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I can see neither of you are motorcyclist.
Yes it is gravity doing what gravity does.
The solution is setting gauge wheels lower or going to a rigidly mounted deck like an up front mower.