x2000 quadloop transmission oil change

rambole

Forum Newbie
Threads
I adopted this machine 3 yrs ago in pretty bad condition. It had set idle for years outside in a field. After paying nothing for it, but putting $600.00+ into parts and some labor expenses, I end up with my first zero turn. The only time I took it to a shop was to figure out some creeping issues I was having with the transmission. I do not understand all the workings of the hydrostat transmission. Anyway to get to my question: Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best approach in changing the oil out of this machine. I have been told to just pull the filters, but as you see in pic, the filters are actually above the reservoir, so that does not make sense. I have been told to crack the large lines going down to the wheel motors and that may make sense if I only knew for sure. I have read on here where you can evac the oil straight out of the reservoir with a pump. That sounds very practical but what happens to remaining oil in the lines feeding the wheel motors? I don't know and I was
just wondering if someone on here has actually been through this process with this particular machine. I am just trying to do some TLC to it to prevent further damage down the road. I have used it for two very active mowing seasons on my property (which is only 1/2 acre) and it does an awesome job. I have researched replacing the wheel motors on this machine (just in case) and understand they are no longer available. BTW, this is my first post and I have found this site to be loaded with valuable resources. Any guidance would be muchly appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

• DC HYD.jpg
    DC HYD.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 8

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Use OEM Parts on your mower.
Name Brand of ZTR? Model & Serial #'s from unit? thanks, Mark
Look through above posts.
rambole you may want to contact Dixie Chopper for Service Repair Manual for your ZTR.
just information above.

Last edited:

rambole

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mark, its a Dixie Chopper, x2000 quad loop,Serial 395893. As I understand it, born on date would be 1993. After looking at pic, it did not show the serial very well. Thank you for the link

rambole

Forum Newbie
Threads
What I'm looking to find out is what the correct approach is to rid this machine of its' old oil and replenish with new, and filters changed. I have already purchased the oil and filters. There is no way to drain the reservoir that I can see. Hoping a pro could chime in and give me some guidance on the correct way to accomplish this. Only knowing what I have researched on it and never having actually done it, I am second guessing the crap out of myself. At this point I am just thinking of pumping oil out of reservoir and the Tbox. But then you still have all that oil in the lines down to the wheel motors. Hoping to find out