X-One rough idle

Sonders

Threads
Welp, I've had my X-One for 5 years now, bought brand new. When it was put away for the winter last year time got away from me and it didn't get winterized. Here it is spring time now starting to mow and the first time I tried to start it was hard to start, but eventually fired. I've mowed a few times now but the idle is still really rough even after running fresh gas through it. The idle surges; revs up and down. I can put my finger on the throttle on the side of the carb and hold it in place and it will idle fine, but as soon as I remove my finger it's back to up and down idle. I've been trying to research what to do and so far all I've found is to pull the carb and clean the needles, which I did lastnight with no change. Any advise on what else to do? Thanks in advance for any replies. Engine is a Kawasaki FX730.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Guilty of mower abuse sir
Your penality will be to remove the carburettor & clean it properly.

Sonders

Threads
Guilty of mower abuse sir
Your penality will be to remove the carburettor & clean it properly.
yep, guilty as charged. Still kicking myself over it. What else am I missing on cleaning the carb? I already removed it, pulled both jets and cleaned them as well as their ports. I've cleaned and rebuilt my atv carbs in the past, but this one is a little different.

Sonders

Threads
10-4. I'll pull it back apart tonight and give it another go. Thanks!

txmowman

Threads
If applying choke helps, you need the carburetor cleaned. If you can control the surging by holding the throttle shaft, link rod or governor arm, a static adjustment of the governor is the likely cause.

Sonders

Threads
I pulled the carb and took it apart and sprayed every port with throttle body cleaner and air nozzle this weekend with no change. I can barely apply a little bit of choke and it evens out the throttle. I mentioned earlier that I could hold my finger on the throttle and it evens out as well. So a combination of both txmowman? I would need more details on the static adjustment of the governor. I'm getting pretty frustrated so I called my local Hustler dealer to check on taking it in for them to look it over but they're atleast 2 weeks out; I can't go without mower for 2 weeks.