WYA 79 carb flooding

geehaw

Threads
Backpack Leaf Blower Model 350BT
Only marking on carb is WYA 79
Engine base stamp GZ51N1

Flooding so bad it will barely run and then shut down. I thought spark plug was bad so replaced it and problem still the same. Any ideas or advice before it pull the carb apart
will be appreciated. Also cleaned the air filter and then tried it without filter-no help. If the solution is a new carb where should I order it??

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Inside the carb is a metering valve that acts like the float on a normal carb
The needle is held down by a spring that acts against the fuel pressure the pump builds up.
This diaphragm can split or get weak, crud can get stuck under the needle, the needle itself can get damaged or the tank can be overpressurizing
On the other side of the carb should be the words Walbro
Walbro have manuals and video instructions availible on their web site.

geehaw

Threads
Thank you. Based on what you you say am going to order a new carb. Any suggestions as to where to order from?

geehaw

Threads
Went back to check some more and it looks like the lack of proper spark may have been the initial problem-now I have no spark.
Any advice on what to do next??

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Take the kill wire off the coil and see what happens
Seeing a spark on a hand held at cranking speeds is not easy which is why I use an orange globe spark tester

geehaw

Threads
After following your tips found the bad coil. Apparently during the time the coil was dying the incomplete burn was causing the flooding.
This thing had served me well for a long time, maybe 20 years, so I am going to replace rather than repair.

Thanks for the help

peteco

Threads
Take out the carb and see the needle seat, replace the seat if ruined. The spark plug could be wet, dry it off.