Wtb: used grass deflector

tmar04

Threads
I'm looking for a used grass deflector /shield for my 725 w/52 in deck #9552s. If anyone has one, send me PM, or post on forum. Tks to all( steel or flexible )

MBDiagMan

Threads
I have one that I think will fit your deck, but it's bent all to heck. If you want to get some exercise with your big hammer, I'll put it in the box with the spindles. If you can appreciate function over form, you can probably make something usable out of it.

Larry

tmar04

Threads
I have one that I think will fit your deck, but it's bent all to heck. If you want to get some exercise with your big hammer, I'll put it in the box with the spindles. If you can appreciate function over form, you can probably make something usable out of it.

Larry

Put it in the "care package". I enjoy a challenge.have a good weekend. Terry

MBDiagMan

Threads
Sorry to keep giving excuses Terry. We're going to the DFW area tomorrow to do some things for my Mom who is in assisted living. I will try to get the stuff in a pile and see what it weighs so I can try to get a shipping estimate early next week.

Have a nice weekend.
Larry

tmar04

Threads
Sorry to keep giving excuses Terry. We're going to the DFW area tomorrow to do some things for my Mom who is in assisted living. I will try to get the stuff in a pile and see what it weighs so I can try to get a shipping estimate early next week.

Have a nice weekend.
Larry

Not a problem. No hurry.enjoy your time with your Mom.
terry

MBDiagMan

Threads
I will attach a picture of the trashed up deflector. I took after it with a big hammer and a vise last night AFTER the picture was taken, but it didn't come out alot better.

I don't know how you are about your equipment. The thing could probably be dropped on and used, but it would need a few tack welds where they have broken loose. Once you have it in your hand, you would be able to see how it could be used to make a rubber chute. By cutting off the sheet metal, leaving a rail along where it attaches to the deck, some thick horse stall rubber and some bolts, nuts and body washers could be used to make a rubber chute. You can get this rubber material at most any farm store for a few dollars a foot.

The spindles weigh about five pounds a piece and the chute probably another 10. Let me know whether or not you want to fool with the chute and I'll package it and get a shipping estimate. Hope this all ends up helping in some way.

Larry

Attachments

• bentchute.JPG
    bentchute.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 15

MBDiagMan

Threads
I almost forgot. I am attaching a picture of the scrap deck. Is there any linkage or anything that you need from it, before I put it in the scrap iron pile? It is a 9561, so with yours being a 9552, I figure that there are probably many similarities.

Larry

Attachments

• scrapdeck.JPG
    scrapdeck.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 17

tmar04

Threads
Larry, I'll just settle for spindles. Shipping prob cost too much on deflector. New flex deflectors are 66.00. Wish I lived in Texas . I'd take it all. My sis lives in Greenville and I go see her once a year . Does this site have a PM section? Hate to be so public w/everything. Tks for all help . Let me know on shipping and how to forward funds. PayPal as gift??

MBDiagMan

Threads
Terry,

It looks like the deflector assembly is $62.70 plus shipping from the outfit in Fort Smith. My local Grasshopper dealer sells parts for considerably less than the guys in Arkansas.

Larry

tmar04

Threads
Who is your local dealer? Maybe I should contact him to buy a flexible deflector . I have a grass collector that tows behind machine along with the other parts( belt driven blower and large tube that connects blower to bin) I'd gladly give this to u if u want it . Cost a fortune to get it to u. Heavy and big. U prob already have one but I will never use it.just a thought.