Wright chainsaw

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
What did you pay for that? I have an '89 vintage Craftsman cs that originally had a 16 inch bar, bar finally got worn so I just purchased a second saw (same type but newer) and kept the saw body (older one) for parts. Mine looks almost exactly like your Poulan will take some pics of the saw body next time I go out. Have never seen a bar shaped like the one you have.

$40 plus shipping. :ashamed: I got carried away with the bidding.

Like to see that. We also had a Craftsman 14" at the lumberyard, but it never did run as well as the little poulan (needed a carb rebuild, they didn't want to pay for it). I was the one who got /kept those saws running. A Sears salesman once told me that Poulan made all Craftsman chainsaws - that'd explain the simmilariites. This saw is 33cc's. My Echo 14" is 35.

Another nice thing about that little Poulan is on the 'how to start me' sticker, at the very bottom, it says:

"MADE IN U.S.A."

Last edited:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
$40 plus shipping. :ashamed: I got carried away with the bidding.

Like to see that. We also had a Craftsman 14" at the lumberyard, but it never did run as well as the little poulan (needed a carb rebuild, they didn't want to pay for it). I was the one who got /kept those saws running. A Sears salesman once told me that Poulan made all Craftsman chainsaws - that'd explain the simmilariites. This saw is 33cc's. My Echo 14" is 35.

Another nice thing about that little Poulan is on the 'how to start me' sticker, at the very bottom, it says:

"MADE IN U.S.A."

THe one you just purchased is somewhat older than my '89 model, the handle on yours appears to be ridgid while the one on my saw is rubber mounted. If you lived close by I'd give you this for parts the magnesium rectangular boss the saw bar goes over is broken off. To replace the casting would cost more than the saw is worth.

Attachments

• 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 6
  • 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 10

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
My Poulan is an '83-'85.

The magnesium case is almost exactly the same (the only differences are the sticker recesses). Where the back of your handle's rubber mount screws in, is where the solid handle on my poulan screws in, too. Everything else is the same. If its what I think you're describing, it's the crankcase that needs replaced. That's $71 - before ship. Like you said, more than the saw is worth....or I could machine a piece for it......hmmmmm :laughing:

I could mail you a postage-paid box.....:biggrin: Still have the packing and the box my Poulan came in.

Last edited:

timber

Forum Newbie
Threads
hi i collect and restore old chainsaws your wright saw is 1970s and yes it poulan made

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi, Timber! Welcome to LMF!

I replaced the fuel line in it a few weeks ago (what a royal PAIN!!!!!), but I need to get a new diaphragm for it. It'll run if you prime the carb, but not for long......

Also bought a Poulan 2000 as well, as you probably read in this thread - still waiting on the handle I ordered for it.

Old chain saws are neat!

Mini Motors

Threads
Anything old(in the context of this forum) is neat.

My Dad had one of these(Craftsman/Poulan). He found a bar with a ball bearing nose, back in the day. I don't know if that was why, but he also said the chain wasn't a standard type. It got stolen from me about 20 years ago.