WOW! A guy who refuses a FREE mower servicing

Lawn Addict
Threads
. I figure it's best for someone that has the proper equipment to take car of the car.
I get that. Partly why I only do older Harleys. No computers..

My truck I do the most of it, but the computer's deep stuff I would hand off..

RayMcD

Threads
I have one neighbor that I get along with just fine. He is a little strange, but we somehow manage to get along just fine. He has hauled off some trashy items for me. I took care of his plants and also mowed his yard last year while he was on vacation. He gave me a really nice painting of a fox lying in autumn leaves that he, himself painted. I'd say we are really good neighbors.

I was blowing leaves today at the same time he was. We were both preparing to mow and both wanted to mulch up the last of the leaves. I stopped and walked over to him. We chatted for a few minutes and then I offered to do a full servicing of his push mower for nothing more than the cost of the air filter. I have plenty of oil and spark plugs on hand so the only thing I'd have to buy would be the air filter. I was standing there looking at the mower and I know it takes a $5.00 foam filter. I actually said that I'd like to do it so he could tell his fiends about my servicing. He looked me right in the eye and said, "No, I'm not interested in anything like that." So, either he doesn't believe I'm qualified to do the work, or he is a whole lot stranger than I thought. What really got me was when I then volunteered to sharpen the blade for him. He said, "No, I never have a blade sharpened. I just put a new one on every third year." WOW!

I know those type of people exist. I just didn't know I lived right next door to one. LOL!
My old neighbor, rest is soul, I watched him purchase a new mower about every 3 or 4 years for over 20 years while I ran the same old cub cadet. Many time I offered to help him repair instead of replace, he never let me turn a wrench on his machine but we share many long drinks of our favorite bourbon together. Friend to each their own. Sure you had the best intentions...r