Would you rather mow, or clear snow?

Clearing snow is a lot of fun, especially since we don't have huge snow storms. If I had to choose, I would say cutting lawn with the JD 165 is more rewarding since it does such a great job.
 
IMO there is nothing better then the smell of freshly cut grass on a beautiful spring day. I only wish it would grow faster so I could cut it more often. I do like the four seasons and very much enjoy clearing snow, but as one poster said, by February I am looking foward to cutting grass again.

I guess a lot depends on the level and quality of your toys. A good example would be my winter set up. I used to have a walk behind snow blower, and clearing snow was enjoyable to a point, except for those windy days. But now with a tractor front mounted blower and a heated cab, its pure pleasure.
 
I been doing both for so many years now that the thrill is al but gone.
I have a 3 acre lawn and 1/2 ml of driveway.

On top of that i mow 300 acre of hay a year and in the winter i have to clear the snow from around the farm yard and corrals as well as the hay yard,the driveway and field trails.

I rather watch the grass grow and the snow fall :wink:
I been seriously thinking of buying some goats to mow the lawn :smile:
 
I been seriously thinking of buying some goats to mow the lawn :smile:

I don't know about everyone else's experience, but goats are a pain in the butt! :mur:
They are sure good at eating all the thistles and briers, but they are good at eating everything else lol
They also seem to have a habit of getting out and crapping EVERYWHERE!! Our last goats got out of our barn, went up to the neighbors (about a half mile away, thank goodness they are our relatives :biggrin:) and left little presents all over their porch. :laughing:
 
I don't know about everyone else's experience, but goats are a pain in the butt! :mur:
They are sure good at eating all the thistles and briers, but they are good at eating everything else lol
They also seem to have a habit of getting out and crapping EVERYWHERE
!! Our last goats got out of our barn, went up to the neighbors (about a half mile away, thank goodness they are our relatives :biggrin:) and left little presents all over their porch. :laughing:
So is mowing the lawn :wink:

Good,let them eat everything in sight,saves having to trim the bushes and looking after the flower beds as well ,the dropping will replace the fertizer so it saves money as well.:laughing:

The Muslims will be falling all over themselves to buy them in the fall.:smile:
Finally a mower that pays for itself and don't break down. :thumbsup:
 
So is mowing the lawn :wink:

Good,let them eat everything in sight,saves having to trim the bushes and looking after the flower beds as well ,the dropping will replace the fertizer so it saves money as well.:laughing:

The Muslims will be falling all over themselves to buy them in the fall.:smile:
Finally a mower that pays for itself and don't break down. :thumbsup:

I enjoy mowing! Let me rephrase that. I enjoy mowing when I can be riding on the tractor and not pushing it and when I can give it nice stripes.

You won't have any flower beds or bushes after the goats get done with them, those will be eaten too! Or is that your plan :laughing: What we used to do in Bolivia was tie them to a cinder-block and let them take care of cutting our hills lol. As long as there was no dropoffs where they could hang themselves you were golden! :thumbsup:
 
I enjoy mowing! Let me rephrase that. I enjoy mowing when I can be riding on the tractor and not pushing it and when I can give it nice stripes.

You won't have any flower beds or bushes after the goats get done with them, those will be eaten too! Or is that your plan :laughing: What we used to do in Bolivia was tie them to a cinder-block and let them take care of cutting our hills lol. As long as there was no dropoffs where they could hang themselves you were golden! :thumbsup:

You bet:laughing:

We had plenty goats when i was a kid.We tied them to a pin to confine them to where they could graze.
You ever noticed,even if you gave them a 1/2 ml of rope they would still be straining at the end of it to get the grass they couldn't reach! :laughing:
Stupid mutts!:wink:
 
At this point, as I am so sick of winter, I would love to mow some grass right now. I'm sure come the middle of summer, I will be praying for some snow.
 
Back
Top