Ebay/Craigslist won't turn over no lights

jjmizzoni1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just bought a 42'' zero turn troy built mower. Today was going to be the third time using it. I can't get it to start. No lights, nothing. I checked the fuse,its fine. Any ideas before going out to get a battery? Thanks

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just bought a 42'' zero turn troy built mower. Today was going to be the third time using it. I can't get it to start. No lights, nothing. I checked the fuse,its fine. Any ideas before going out to get a battery? Thanks

Before buying a battery check all you battery cable connections and cables. If it started good up to now it sounds more like a bad connection then a battery. The NAPA store by me will test the old battery so maybe that is something you might want to check out??

jjmizzoni1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Before buying a battery check all you battery cable connections and cables. If it started good up to now it sounds more like a bad connection then a battery. The NAPA store by me will test the old battery so maybe that is something you might want to check out??

Thanks for the info. While reading other post I saw I could jump start with my car. I did and it started with no problem. I hope it won't die in the middle of cutting the 2 1/2 acres. Thanks for the quick reply.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
So if you jumped started from your car did you go from battery to battery? If so you know the cables and connections are good from the battery back. So that just leaves bad connections at the battery or a bad battery.