Won't Start!

Jagman20

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Cub Cadet GT2550, Model 14A-2E7P010 with a Kohler V-Twin CH670S engine.
After replacing the PTO clutch, it started for a few seconds and died.
It has both spark and fuel but just cracks.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Check key in crankshaft under flywheel for being sheared. Be sure to burnish new PTO clutch.
Your engine Service Manual is posted above, just click on Kohler CH, then bottom left of screen to bring up your manual. May have troubleshooting section in manual, let us know if this helps, thanks, Mark

Last edited:

Jagman20

Forum Newbie
Threads
The key in crankshaft under flywheel is not sheared.

Jagman20

Forum Newbie
Threads
I read a blog on this site stating Kohler engines have problems with voltage spikes frying the modules if there isn't a diode in the wire going to clutch. Could that be my problem since I just put the new clutch on? Keep in mind I do have spark and fuel and the engine cranks but doesn't start.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I read a blog on this site stating Kohler engines have problems with voltage spikes frying the modules if there isn't a diode in the wire going to clutch. Could that be my problem since I just put the new clutch on? Keep in mind I do have spark and fuel and the engine cranks but doesn't start.
Could be several things. Safety switches, dirty carb and fuel tank, never checked valve clearance, vacuum leaks and low compression.

Not related but never cleaned the cooling fins and block or de-carbonized the cylinders, valves and heads.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Could be several things. Safety switches, dirty carb and fuel tank, never checked valve clearance, vacuum leaks and low compression.

Not related but never cleaned the cooling fins and block or de-carbonized the cylinders, valves and heads.
Won't be because valves never adjusted it has hydraulic lifters. You say it has spark so that should rule out the ign modules and safety switches.. Fuel shut off solenoid. Where is the fuel getting to. Try spraying gum out carb cleaner in the carb and see if it hits and runs for a few seconds. KISS did you inadvertently unplug something when you replaced the clutch.

Last edited: