Wiring on 287707 1255-E3 Motor

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You can put it anywhere but there must be a ground wire to the mounting bolt
Remember electricity needs both a + and a - connection

Threads
Oh. I thought bolting the rectifer to the engine, which is grounded correct? Is that not enough to ground the rectifer?

If I need to run a wire to the rectifer mounting bolt, doesn't the solenoid have a grounded post? Can I run a wire from that post to the mounting bolt that fastens the rectifer?

I ordered the part. 491546

I am naive I know. Thank you.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The engine is ground
The metal case is also ground so the two of them need to be connected
The blower housing is plastic so if you bolt into it you need to make up a strap from a bolt that goes into the metal part of the engine to the bolt that holds the rectifier in,
Usually you make a wire ( or a pair of them ) to go from the bolt that holds the blower housing on to the rectifier bolt
I usually do 2 one left & one right ( belt & braces approach ) .
Starter mounting bolt is another good place
Avoid using a existing ground wire as a lot of them are actually switched

Threads
Thank for all your help. I will get the part next week. I will ground it using a nut I will put on an engine mounting bolt. I will let you know how it works out.

You saved me. Thank you again.

Threads
I think I got it right. I mounted the rectifier on the side of the blower cover and ran a black ground wire from the base of the motor (you can see that nut), the the rectifer screw.

I ran the red wire from the alternater to the yellow wire on the rectifer.

I ran the red wire from the rectifer to the orange wire on the motor.

It runs.

Attachments

• 20220901_163301.jpg
    20220901_163301.jpg
    852.1 KB · Views: 2

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Should work.
The test is of course to check the battery voltage engine off then again engine running
Running it should be 13 V or better although it might take a couple of minutes to get there

Threads
Should work.
The test is of course to check the battery voltage engine off then again engine running
Running it should be 13 V or better although it might take a couple of minutes to get there
I will run that test. Thank you again for all your help.