Wiring location problem on a MTD garden tractor

klockdoc

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2003 MTD Garden Tractor , model MTD 13AN693G118, I had a problem with the hydro drive. Checking it out, I found the belt had rotted and also the fan was bad. I ordered the parts and replaced them. When replacing the parts, I noticed a loose yellow wire that came unplugged from somewhere, Can't locate the spot it plugs in.

The mower will start and go forward and backward but when trying to engage the blades, the mower dies.

I tried to look around for a safety switch on the blades engagement lever but couldn't find anything.

Anyone have a idea where and how to get to the switch that this wire should plug into? It is a yellow wire the connects with a coupling to a yellow/black.

THANKS
Mike

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to the best mower forum with a TON OF ADS on the planet. We allow free shopping with a minimum of 30 ads per page on this site. Get all your Christmas shopping done early right here. If you need a new ladies swimsuit, we can help. Home mortgage loan, check. Dog collars, we got those here too. It's like mower help and tips along with Ebay and Amazon all in one site. LOL

slomo

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sounds like a safety interlock wire possibly. There has to be something close around to follow the length of the wire. Unless it was ripped away from the mower??

You might change the hydro fluid since your fan was bad. Could of over heated the fluid and trans.

Post up pictures here of your mystery wire. Don't be shy about taking a bunch of pics either.

slomo

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
diagram.gif

klockdoc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here are some photos of the wire and the PTO. I searched but I could not find any spot where a wire would hook up too.

You can see that the wire is log enough to seemly route to the back of the mower.

Also have pics of the linkage of the PTO above and below

Attachments

• mto 2.jpg
    mto 2.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 9
  • mto 4.jpg
    mto 4.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 9
  • mto1.jpg
    mto1.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 9
  • mto5.jpg
    mto5.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 9

klockdoc

Forum Newbie
Threads
So, I found out where the yellow wire plugged into. There is a reverse switch located up under the shifting plate. When the shifting lever gets placed in reverse, the shifting arm grounds against the switch and stops the deck blades.

I hooked it up but the deck still stops when lowering the deck. Going to check further. Any ideas are appreciated.