wiring diagram

double yellow

Threads
I am having trouble finding the wiring diagram for the mower model #13AVA1CS009 XTl-LT42KH mower.
Anyone can tell me the best and safest way to disconnect the seat switch

thanks,

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am having trouble finding the wiring diagram for the mower model #13AVA1CS009 XTl-LT42KH mower.
Anyone can tell me the best and safest way to disconnect the seat switch

thanks,
Sit on the seat is the safest way. Would not tell my own brother how.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There is no "Safe: way to bypass the seat switch nor is there ever any valid reason to do it .
If you want to be an idiot then go join all the other idiots on You Tube .
We are here to HELP people not to make their mowers more dangerous

Now if there is a problem that you think bypassing the seat switch will fix ( which it won't ) tell us what it is and we will try out best to get it working properly

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
In the last ten years here locally we had two kids severely injured due operators bypassing the reverse inhibit switch. One kid died (mower deck grounded the kid up) and the other lost part of her foot to a mower deck.

Basically it comes down to a liability issue that we as professionals are not willing to take.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The engine cut out circuit goes seat switch > parking brake switch > magneto kill terminal
Parking brake on and you can get off and dance a jig while the engine is running .
If you think about it , I have to run your engine without sitting in the seat so I can service your mower.
MTD go to the effort of taping the keys into the middle of the owners manual to encourage people to read them
Got any idea how many times I get asked to bypass the seat switch because the motor stops if the driver gets off ?
Got any idea how many times I get n their mower start it, set the parking brake , get off to check the system is working properly then look at the owner who is staring at the mower mouth open wide enough to catch birds .