Wilgcat cranks but won't start

bobadame

Forum Newbie
Sorry for this very basic question but am I to assume that if the engine cranks but won't start then it must be a fuel problem? I think I read somewhere that the 2 coil assemblies are stand alone systems and as a magnet passes across them they will create the spark. So unless they both went bad at the same time, or both plugs fouled at the same time, I could squirt some gas into the carburetor and it should fire? This Scag Wildcat has the 2 cylinder liquid cooled Kawasiki engine. There is 12 volts at the fuel solenoid with the key on.
 
I pulled the float bowl from the carburetor and cleaned out the 2 jets I found in there. Now it starts but still runs crappy so my next move will be to replace the sparl plugs and overhaul the carburetor. Thanks Mechanic Mark for the links to the manuals.
 
Back
Top